.22 Pistol Recommendation

Another vote for the Ruger Mk IV. I have the 22/45 with the lite barrel. Tons of fun little upgrades you can do with them if you want down the line with items from tacsol and volquartsen. Great suppressed or without. View attachment 343708
I’ve got the same setup. Mk4 22/45 lite with a red dot and a Rugged mustang ultralight.

Shooting it with the 1050fps segmented HP CCIs is a squirrels nightmare.

I've blown money on several 22 semiautos over the years. The only one I actually like and have kept is the Sig P322, its a riot and has run on every ammo I've tried, plus its amazing with a suppressor. I hear great things about the Taurus, but haven't tried one myself.

I have two Buckmarks and a stainless Single 6, but I like the my Model 617 just slightly more than those options. It holds 10 and I made consistent hits with it when I first started shooting it so I carry it more. Lots of good advice has come through already and you will find a winner.

I have two 678 tapered target MK ii with the "hook" front sight. Both love CCI Quiet and Aquila Colibri. The Colibri won't cycle the action so there is no bolt slap.
I've always wondered what they would be like suppressed.

I missed a grouse with one on the way home from camp yesterday :(

Smith and Wesson Model 17 K frame .22 LR revolver. Bad news for squirrels in the bird feeder !

Back