.22 for moose

giphy.gif

I'd like to see more of it. When you apply a little critical thinking to it, it's not such a crazy idea. If two bullets can each create a sufficient wound channel, what difference does it make if they're fired from different cartridges?

The energy is there at the muzzle. All reason for using the 22 ARC then falls away as quick as a 12 gauge Brenneke. Tyler is a prolific writer for OL. I remember an article where he killed a grizzly using a manbun. I’m confident Jim Zumbo is shitting bricks right now over this.

I don’t think most people realize that a ar-15 is the weapon of choice for most natives these days. So if a standard 223 will kill a moose this guy isn’t really doing anything ground breaking

Wouldn't do it myself - but i think it shows the increased terminal performance of modern ammunition..... It really doesnt take a huge energy numbers to kill with good shot placement and proper bullets.

There's nothing like having a little extra margin though - it doesn't seem like there's a good reason to do it to me when so many other simply better options exist.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davga25
Back