2024 WY pronghorn, deer, and R elk draw

Looks like special NR pronghorn odds in the SW corner improved dramatically. I assume this is due to the winterkill for two years ago?

I have a question for someone who knows the Wyoming draw process better than I.

In the non-resident pool, if they are allocating tags and they have 1 tag left and the name pulled is on a joint application, let's say with 2 other people, does Wyoming go over the 20% allocation limit and give all 3 applicants tags?
Or does that application get discarded and another pulled?

I have a question for someone who knows the Wyoming draw process better than I.

In the non-resident pool, if they are allocating tags and they have 1 tag left and the name pulled is on a joint application, let's say with 2 other people, does Wyoming go over the 20% allocation limit and give all 3 applicants tags?
Or does that application get discarded and another pulled?
Yes, they over allocate when that happens

If they go over in the special (1st draw), I believe they pull it from the regular quota, if they go over in the regular, I believe they pull it from the leftovers and add it back into the resident side.

Drew my elk tag, this hunt had double the applicants compared to last year so luckily myself my friend and the GF get to go elk hunting Iin a special unit. The antelope tag even had way more people apply for it than ever before and I'm a resident. Still managed to have my dad get a tag as a non resident so me and him get to hunt this year.

Drew antelope unit with 100% odds based on last year but jumped up two points this year, and that’s on the special draw. I suspect it will get worse next year.

Couple antelope tags, couple doe/fawn WTD tags, cow elk tag, and general deer and elk. My excitement grew as I scrolled down and saw Successful under deer, only to remember I put general as a second choice, haha.
I didn’t put any general as a second choice just because I need someone else other than my father in law to tell me I’m unsuccessful.

That's no joke. For all the "Random is the best." Guys who draw frequently there's those of us who put in for decades in 1 in 4 odds stuff without drawing. I've put in on a 50% odds turkey tag for 4 years.

At this point my best tags have been Salvage tags and the hides have. "GMC" Stamped on them.
Yup I’ve been doing 40-50 apps/year since 1996, but have drawn only one random tag since 2012. Statistically should have drawn 5 or 6. No love in WY but that was just for a bonus as I got an Utah OIL tag in my pocket.

Drew deer and pronghorn. Still didn't draw elk. General sucks in my area. Don't know what I have to do to draw elk.
You must just be looking for a glory tag each year or just stupid unlucky. A lot of elk hunts a resident can draw yet with very high odds. There are only 34 choices that come with odds less than 25% (draw once every 4 years) and 9 with less than 10% odds.

Screenshot_20240619_061836_Microsoft 365 (Office).jpg

You must just be looking for a glory tag each year or just stupid unlucky. A lot of elk hunts a resident can draw yet with very high odds. There are only 34 choices that come with odds less than 25% (draw once every 4 years) and 9 with less than 10% odds.

View attachment 330200
I'm putting in for an area that the locals all hunt. I don't think this applies to what you are showing here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manbugle
Back