2024 Sask WT adventures

Well the buck above is a buck I call goofy. If you rember from last year I passed him up 2nd or 3rd day of season broadside 100 yards 230 in the afternoon hoping he would blow up this year. Instead he regressed. My plan is to let him go again and hope he comes back. That other buck is looking very tempting now. Hoping to get some more cams out in different spots to see if there is any other big deer in the area. So far the 5x4 is the oldest buck I would say.

Goofy 2023

DSCF0738.jpegIMG_1440.pngDSCF0105.jpegDSCF0108.jpeg

Out for a scout then an evening hunt. Put some miles in the boots checking out old spots. They did some brushing last winter so the landscape has changed a bit. Pretty dry so hard to tell what’s going on. Soon we will have snow and crusing bucks and I can get a much better idea. Found a spot that I think I’m going to try a 4th bait at this year. Just need some snow to confirm things. My mock scrape has been slow so it got replaced with 5 gallons of oats. The deer are already coming to the field edge to feed this will just get them in front of the camera for better inventory. Just getting settled in for an evening of glassing now
Below is a shed I found today and my favourite way to find sheds from the truck lol

IMG_2787.jpeg

IMG_2788.jpeg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sequimsm
Back