Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

2024 Sask WT adventures

Sask hunter

went out with the ML tonight. Had a cold front moving through. The deer came out pretty good for the last half hour seen about 6 or so. Was sat back about half mile glassing all were does and a small buck then this guy. He ended up being a 5x5 with a weak 5th point on his one side like 1-2” long. He was very tempting and I think I could have snuck within range but I made a goal of biggest WT I have ever shot or hang my tag. I have shot a WT buck every year since 2005 so we will see if the streak ends this fall. Crappy picture through the spotter so sorry about that. Follow along for more pictures as season progresses. Will be getting trail cams out soon and bait out early November or so IMG_2752.jpeg

Holy what a night of deer hunting. Got out there and a hour before the end of shooting light this same buck from last week was out tempting me. God he is beautiful and if there wasn’t one particular deer from last year I was hoping to find I would have shot him already. Anyways shortly after a smaller 5x5 comes out with beams that almost touch then some does. About half hour before the end of shooting light a big 4x4 comes out. He has short brows but he must have 14” g2 and 12” g3. Anyways the buck from the pictures above and this buck met up and had a hell of a fight. I timed it and it was five minutes long. I was about 600 yards away and could hear the crash of horns and the bucks hitting the fence. Anyways finally they broke up with the 4x4 winning even tho he appeared to be a year younger then the other and they took off to a dugout about 250 yards from where I was parked. Anyways my mind was made up and this was more than I could take. I raced down to cut them off got setup on a bail and was ranging about 160 yards but he crossed into the dugout before i got it ranged to shoot. Anyways i raced down to the dugout but the wind was wrong so he caught my wind before i could get in and bumped out the back.

I saw one buck working a scrape tonight. Friday im going to put a camera on the scrape to get a better inventory of bucks in the area. The big 4x4 kinda reminds me of the buck I was hoping to find back this year but I can’t tell. If it is he sure went down a lot vs last year
IMG_2766.png

Keep these stories and pics coming! Is it typical for deer to have serious fights the first week of October, up there?
I have never even seen a deer fight till last night. And no I don’t think it’s normal he was fine with all the other bucks but this one it almost seemed like the first time they seen each other cause they got close and just charged each other

I have never even seen a deer fight till last night. And no I don’t think it’s normal he was fine with all the other bucks but this one it almost seemed like the first time they seen each other cause they got close and just charged each other
Sounds awesome. I've never seen a fight either, though once I came across the aftermath of one, while tracking a buck. My mind was pretty well blown by the amount of blood, the number of snapped off saplings, etc. It was like two bulldozers had been fighting. They don't mess around!

Set a camera up today on a mock scrape. Couldn’t find the scrape I saw him work the other day. Just to the left along the bunch line is a bunch of rubs so hoping he finds the scrape. The does have found it already. Good potential on this guy in another year or two
IMG_2770.jpeg

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banana Bob
Back