2024 College Football šŸˆ Season starts tomorrowā€¦. Yee Yee

Have you watched Georgia? They are on a level of their own. Miami and Ole Miss are also pretty impressive.
Yes, but my point was the top 10 hasnā€™t looked that impressive. Meanwhile, my Vols dominated NC ST and are averaging 60 pts a game and havenā€™t broke the top 10, yet.

No worries though. Vols play GA, Bama, and Oklahoma still. If they play well, it will take care of itself. If not, it doesnā€™t matter.

Itā€™s on dish tv at my folks , so I walked 4 houses down , I have direct tv , plus the contract with Disney and ESPN ended so I lost ESPN today so I canā€™t watch game day till they renew the contract ha ha ha, plus I added peacock to my tv this week for the Oregon Boise game at 8 tonight

That TEXAS O LINE is plowing that Michigan D
Michigan looked lost. Texas is getting top recruits for next year too; they have tons of money and may be on a roll.

Iā€™m curious about Oregonā€™s struggles. As a UGA fan I want to see Dan Lanning succeed, and they seemed to be setup to be even better this season than last.

Ultimately what really matters is what these teams look like in November if they donā€™t lose more than 1-2 early. The new expanded playoff format makes it much easier to recover from a slow start or early season loss

Iā€™m curious about Oregonā€™s struggles. As a UGA fan I want to see Dan Lanning succeed, and they seemed to be setup to be even better this season than last.

Ultimately what really matters is what these teams look like in November if they donā€™t lose more than 1-2 early. The new expanded playoff format makes it much easier to recover from a slow start or early season loss
They had some o line injuries during camp , not everyone is back , what is considered Oregons best o lineman is still out , they changed the center and line at halftime after giving up 4 sacks in the 1st half , gave up non in the second and ran the ball better.

The other thing is penalties , this year the team has been very sloppy and undisciplined. 17 penalties for 134 yards in 2 games ā€¦

Havnt seen this kinda lack of focus since 2016 when Oregon went 4-8 , in year 3 of the mark helfrich era , when he lost control of that team.

Oregon has done a good job rebuilding since then but Some people have made the comments Lanning won the last 2 years with Mario Cristobalā€™s recruits , now theyā€™re gone and itā€™s Lannings guys now . Mario seems to have turned the corner with the Miami team down south.

I know with new coaches itā€™s takes a few years sometimes to see if they have what it takes. Oregon has had its best recruiting classes under Lanning in the history of the program, My gut feeling was Dan did have what it takes , but now Iā€™m wondering. Heā€™s had a little deer in the headlights look on the sidelines at times in the first 2 games this year with how the team has struggled and been in real jeopardy of losing to whatā€™s considered a lesser opponent in the 4th qtr in both games . Just growing pains for a new young coach or a shadow of things to come ā€¦ā€¦ time will tell

Oregon will fold against an SEC team. At least if itā€™s anything like the past Oregon hype.
Oregons 4-4 against the SEC in the last 25 years , in the early 2000s they won a home and away against Mississippi State then in the 2010 & 14 They won a home and away series against Tennessee.

Lost to Auburn in the national championship game by field goal and then lost to Georgia, Auburn and LSU in season opening neutral field games ,In the last decade

I went to the Mississippi State game when they came out here and went to the Tennessee game in Eugene

Last edited:
Oregons 4-4 against the SEC in the last 25 years , in the early 2000s they won a home and away against Mississippi State then in the 2013-14 They won a home and away series against Tennessee.

Lost to Auburn in the national championship game by field goal and then lost to Georgia, Auburn and LSU in season opening neutral field games ,In the last decade
Yeah, but only having 2 completions for 10 or more passing yards against Boise State. Beating Boise State by a field goal is a good feeling but isn't the same Oregon team that lost to Auburn in the National Championship.

Sure, they beat the Vols when the Vols were at their worst. Almost everyone in the SEC beat the Vols then, too. At the end of the day, that doesn't matter.

Oregon has issues. I don't know if that is fixed by moving to the Big10. I kind of doubt it. The Oklahoma QB wasn't that good at Oklahoma, so big surprise, not that good at Oregon either. I get it ... it's hard to pick a one year QB, look at FSU.

I wonder how Oregon can stay in the top 10. No worries, it will work itself out.

Sure, they beat the Vols when the Vols were at their worst. Almost everyone in the SEC beat the Vols then, too. At the end of the day, that doesn't matter.

Oregon has issues. I don't know if that is fixed by moving to the Big10. I kind of doubt it. The Oklahoma QB wasn't that good at Oklahoma, so big surprise, not that good at Oregon either. I get it ... it's hard to pick a one year QB, look at FSU.

I wonder how Oregon can stay in the top 10. No worries, it will work itself out.
I was just surprised at how bad the play has been , after 2 years of very solid football, didnā€™t see this train wreck coming, and I usually have a pretty good feel for what kind of team we have. And I get it , no one feels bad for my team and to the victor goes the spoils , a lot of good teams and coaches all want the same thing. But only one team gets it all in the end

They had some o line injuries during camp , not everyone is back , what is considered Oregons best o lineman is still out , they changed the center and line at halftime after giving up 4 sacks in the 1st half , gave up non in the second and ran the ball better.

The other thing is penalties , this year the team has been very sloppy and undisciplined. 17 penalties for 134 yards in 2 games ā€¦

Havnt seen this kinda lack of focus since 2016 when Oregon went 4-8 , in year 3 of the mark helfrich era , when he lost control of that team.

Oregon has done a good job rebuilding since then but Some people have made the comments Lanning won the last 2 years with Mario Cristobalā€™s recruits , now theyā€™re gone and itā€™s Lannings guys now . Mario seems to have turned the corner with the Miami team down south.

I know with new coaches itā€™s takes a few years sometimes to see if they have what it takes. Oregon has had its best recruiting classes under Lanning in the history of the program, My gut feeling was Dan did have what it takes , but now Iā€™m wondering. Heā€™s had a little deer in the headlights look on the sidelines at times in the first 2 games this year with how the team has struggled and been in real jeopardy of losing to whatā€™s considered a lesser opponent in the 4th qtr in both games . Just growing pains for a new young coach or a shadow of things to come ā€¦ā€¦ time will tell
Kirby had a few brain farts with in game decisions and click management in his first couple of years. Itā€™s different going from being one of the top assistants to ā€œthe man.ā€ Dan will be fine if Oregon sticks with him. Heā€™s done a great job recruiting, and I know that heā€™s one heck of a defensive coach.

Quack šŸ¦† 49-14 thumping in Corvallis
IMG_8065.jpeg

Oregons O Line finally came together, the walk on who played center in the 1st 2 games didnā€™t play , they went with the line that finished the 2nd half against Boise St and didnā€™t allow a sack in the second half after 7 sacks allowed in the first six qtrs.

They looked like a totally different team yesterday. Dominant O line play
7.5 yds a carry after 3.0 avg in first 2 games , and rushed for more yards than the 1st two games combined. Gabriel with a clean pocket carved up the Oregon St D

Defense was good had some struggles against the run in the 1st half , 22-14 lead at the break , 2nd half adjustments shut down their run and outscored the BEAVS 27-0 in 2nd half

Oregon scored on every possession yesterday and the punter never left the sidelineā€¦

Oregon carries the momentum of this game into a bye week , before traveling to the Rose Bowl to take on UCLA September 28

Congratulations to the WSU COUGS for the Apple šŸŽ Cup victory! Goal line stand against the Dawgs for the win. And broke the Huskies 20 game win streak!!!

The Ducks looked better. We'll have to see if Beavs are better than the teams the Ducks played in the other two games or worse.

The Ducks looked better. We'll have to see if Beavs are better than the teams the Ducks played in the other two games or worse.
Yea , there basically starting over as a program, when the conference collapsed and they were left out , most players and coaches bailed. I think there gonna be a bowl team.

Gonna be interesting to see the new PAC 12 with the addition of Boise , Colorado St , Fresno St , San Diego St over the weekend.

They still need to add 2 more teams over the next year and a half to get to 8 teams per NCAA rules.

Oregon looked good yesterday. So did Texas (UTw). My Dawgs almost wet the bed, and rightfully fell in the AP poll. USCe almost beat LSU. Some really good and not so good football yesterday

Oregon looked good yesterday. So did Texas (UTw). My Dawgs almost wet the bed, and rightfully fell in the AP poll. USCe almost beat LSU. Some really good and not so good football yesterday
I watched the 4th qtr of that Georgia/KU game , my gut was telling me it was a mistake to punt on 4th and 8 from midfield with 3 min to go , even though they had 3 timeouts, I was like good chance you wonā€™t see the ball again, I donā€™t put a lot of stock in a close win on the road in a conference game , when the other team has your game circled before the season starts , hard for college kids to stay jacked up every week at that level needed to dominate 24/7

I watched the 4th qtr of that Georgia/KU game , my gut was telling me it was a mistake to punt on 4th and 8 from midfield with 3 min to go , even though they had 3 timeouts, I was like good chance you wonā€™t see the ball again, I donā€™t put a lot of stock in a close win on the road in a conference game , when the other team has your game circled before the season starts , hard for college kids to stay jacked up every week at that level needed to dominate 24/7
I agree, that was a strange call by Stoops.

I fully expect to see a different GA team when they roll into Tuscaloosa in a couple weeks

I agree, that was a strange call by Stoops.

I fully expect to see a different GA team when they roll into Tuscaloosa in a couple weeks
I hope so
Yeah, Iā€™ll take an ugly W. I expected it to be tighter than the spread, but UK ALWAYS plays UGA tough at Commonwealth. I just didnā€™t expect it to be THAT tough

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HuntTalkMaā€™am
Back