20 GA Over/Under- spend my money

Go shoulder some and see what feels right. Buy that one. Citori shoulders real nice for me, Beretta does not.

Legit question: why are decent shotguns seemingly SO much more expensive than decent rifles?

I’m following this thread closely and saving my pennies, but shotgun shopping makes me feel extra poor.

Not sure what’s the budget for this shotgun but I recently got a used browning citori in 20 ga but if you have the money I’d go new. Very good hunting gun in my experience.

I ended up meeting up with a fellow HTer who was selling his 20ga Beretta Silver Pigeon. Versus shouldering different models at a store, we shot a couple rounds of sporting clays so I could try the shotgun first hand. It fit like a glove, and has been a true joy to carry and shoot. In 4 days out, I've come home with 3 limits of Duskies, and am salivating at cooler temps to chase sharptails, huns, and pheasants later this fall. I even picked up a couple boxes of bismuth so I had an excuse to hunt waterfowl with when the temps drop even more.

*Edit to add that the bonus is the shotgun looks as nice as it shoots. When you're better half compliments your gun purchase, you've done something right.

I ended up meeting up with a fellow HTer who was selling his 20ga Beretta Silver Pigeon. Versus shouldering different models at a store, we shot a couple rounds of sporting clays so I could try the shotgun first hand. It fit like a glove, and has been a true joy to carry and shoot. In 4 days out, I've come home with 3 limits of Duskies, and am salivating at cooler temps to chase sharptails, huns, and pheasants later this fall. I even picked up a couple boxes of bismuth so I had an excuse to hunt waterfowl with when the temps drop even more.

*Edit to add that the bonus is the shotgun looks as nice as it shoots. When you're better half compliments your gun purchase, you've done something right.
I have the same shotgun, and love it. Fit is everything, and it sounds like you found the right one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wakenup23v
Back