MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Youth Club

Jmnhunter

I have 2 young kids, 2 & 5, and have a vision of starting a local youth hunting/fishing/conservation club, either bi-monthly or monthly for all ages. I just don't know a good curriculum to follow for such a club--is there anything like this out there?

I was thinking of activities to get kids involved in public land clean ups; habitat education; hunting/fishing get togethers/education. Pretty much a nature center with more fishing/hunting emphasis. Having kids from the age of 2 to school age kids I suppose would need to be split up to keep the crying/whining to a minimum?

I dont have any teaching/coaching background so I dont know if I could lead such a thing, i'm hoping to reach out to some fellow BHA members who may have more of a background to lead a curriculum and I would help in the background.

Right now, its just a vision on how to get something going. Long term thinking of a good way to get kids introduced and keep them into the outdoors. I've run into so many examples of dads who used to do alot of hunting and fishing but damn near gave up after having kids and dont do much at all, and expanding into that, the older kids are in sports and the weekends are shot. I'm hoping this could evolve into the prime activity for many.

I just dont see why it has to be given up, as they should keep it going to get their new little ones introduced. Hell, I even thought about dumbing down the variety of my outdoor activities as I love to do-- hunting: ducks, pheasant, archery, rifle, soft and hard water fishing; but I feel at this point I'll just keep myself spread thin to hopefully have my kids like one of the activities

Check with the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation. I believe they have some curriculum ideas. BHA was also putting together some youth information as well if I remember correctly.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jg722
Back