Kenetrek Boots

Wyoming Leftover Results 2024

What I mean is, if you dont know, and you go to purchase a type 4 and a type 6 is available in same area, with same seasons and restrictions, does site allow you to spend that extra $400 or does it tell you that a reduced price tag for same area is available? Pretty sure you can spend $400 extra for exact same thing if you dont know better!

What I mean is, if you dont know, and you go to purchase a type 4 and a type 6 is available in same area, with same seasons and restrictions, does site allow you to spend that extra $400 or does it tell you that a reduced price tag for same area is available? Pretty sure you can spend $400 extra for exact same thing if you dont know better!
I doubt it does. They probably assume it's the responsibility of the adult applying to understand how everything works. In this day and age when all the information can be found on a search engine (not to mention WYGF is one of the best at picking up the phone and answering any and all questions) there's really no excuse for someone to not know that information except for their own lack of due diligence.

It's also the case that the majority of the units with both a type 6 and type 4 dont have identical dates and restrictions.

If they are identical there is also a reason that they are leftover this late in the game 😉

I just looked at leftovers again and the available type 4 licenses for the area me and my son drew is less than it was the other day. There are still type 6 licenses available with the exact same season dates and restrictions. People are buying type 4's when type 6's are available. They either dont know any better or I am missing something here???

I just looked at leftovers again and the available type 4 licenses for the area me and my son drew is less than it was the other day. There are still type 6 licenses available with the exact same season dates and restrictions. People are buying type 4's when type 6's are available. They either dont know any better or I am missing something here???
I just looked at the leftover list and saw that there are 4 units with both a type 4 and a type 6 available. None of those units have identical season dates and restrictions.

Edit: (I misread one of the units)

Last edited:
The other thing is for residents, the price difference between a type 6 and type 4 really isn't all that much. Not like it is for non residents. So it could be residents buying those type 4 licenses. And, there usually is a difference in the area open to hunt or the season. I've found in most cases the type 4 licenses are worth more money. Whether it's worth $400 more is up to you.

Apply ForSeason DatesAchery DatesLicense Limitations
048-1Oct. 9 - Oct. 31Sep. 1 - Sep. 30Any elk
048-1Nov. 7 - Dec. 15-Antlerless elk
048-4Oct. 9 - Oct. 31Sep. 1 - Sep. 30Antlerless elk
048-4Nov. 7 - Dec. 15-Antlerless elk
048-6Oct. 9 - Oct. 31Sep. 1 - Sep. 30Cow or calf
048-6Nov. 7 - Nov. 30-Cow or calf

The other thing is for residents, the price difference between a type 6 and type 4 really isn't all that much. Not like it is for non residents. So it could be residents buying those type 4 licenses. And, there usually is a difference in the area open to hunt or the season. I've found in most cases the type 4 licenses are worth more money. Whether it's worth $400 more is up to you.
Excellent point. Didnt think of that.

Type 6 = no fishing license included?

$400 is usually worth it if it means hunting elk vs not hunting elk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jachanzar91
Back