WY elk unit 36 type 9

sprig86

Hey guys, I took a flyer and bought a leftover type 9 tag for WY unit 36. I live in TX so pre scouting is not going to be an option. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share some insight into access options (from the north if possible) as well as what I can expect in the way of ATV's? Is this area heavily traveled by ATV's or Dirt Bikes, or can a guy get away from that by backpacking in a few miles? How plentiful is H2O? Any advice appreciated as I've never been in the area, but typically do a backpack spike camp style hunt.

Get a guide, or resident. Go to the wildnerness area. Other than that, there is usually lots if water near rivers annotated on maps. Lots of people on trails/roads with numbers. Good luck, might see you out there. I have that tag too.

Get a guide, or resident. Go to the wildnerness area. Other than that, there is usually lots if water near rivers annotated on maps. Lots of people on trails/roads with numbers. Good luck, might see you out there. I have that tag too.
Thanks for the advice. Have you hunted this tag before?

Tough unit. General unit for residents without a lot of good access points. You can definitely get away from traffic with some effort and quite a bit of water in the unit. Wish you luck.

That's what I saw too. I drew the 6 in leftover. Looking for someone to go Sept 20-27 as my one buddy didn't draw and other can't go now.
If he applied for a 36-6, he would have drawn. You can buy a 36-6 now. 19 on leftover list

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishonfleek
Back