Advertisement

WY Area 48 Type 6

beaglegun

Me and my son got a couple type 6 licenses and we are driving to WY in Oct. I have contacted 2 different people about private access that will allow us to get to a bunch of public. I would love to talk with someone who has some knowledge that could tell us yea or nea. These 2 tresspass fees are on completely different ends of the unit

Wife and I have the exact same 48-6 tag. You must be referring to the Orchard ranch? I scouted the unit in August on my motorcycle. The road around the northern boundary wasn't fun due to loose silt, kwad would be okay.

Side note is that I didn't see any elk at all. Met a really nice lady at a gas station who told me she lives in the unit and saw a huge herd just the night before I met her. Otherwise, I haven't gotten a huge mound of info out of my e-scouting attempts.

My son has the cow tag to the north, area 49. We plan to be based out of Ten Sleep and try for a cow for 3 days. Looking forward to exploring this region of the big horns, will be the first time in this area for me.

My son has the cow tag to the north, area 49. We plan to be based out of Ten Sleep and try for a cow for 3 days. Looking forward to exploring this region of the big horns, will be the first time in this area for me.
Ten sleep doesn’t have much there. Surprised you’re not basing out of Worland.

Wife and I have the exact same 48-6 tag. You must be referring to the Orchard ranch? I scouted the unit in August on my motorcycle. The road around the northern boundary wasn't fun due to loose silt, kwad would be okay.

Side note is that I didn't see any elk at all. Met a really nice lady at a gas station who told me she lives in the unit and saw a huge herd just the night before I met her. Otherwise, I haven't gotten a huge mound of info out of my e-scouting attempts.
I think we are going Oct 15. If you go b4, I sure would appreciate any info.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishonfleek
Back