Worst Hotel you’ve ever stayed at ..

Did I already mention Baggs, Wyoming. Two places, would never recommend them, but the great antelope and elk hunting overrides the negative things
Hunting hard the food was great and the proprietors went out of their way to feed you. I'll go back again, but consider sleeping on the floor and not shower.
Roy mt, Air bnb. If that counts. A shitty trailer. $20 a night. I was undefeated in Indian leg wrestling at the Roy bar that week.

Forgot to post these...I think cheap hotels are a cheap thrill for my wife.

20240614_210552.jpg

Funky smell in the hallway led to this discovery...literally propping the window open...

20240614_210742.jpg

Trail of stickiness all the way down the stairwell leads to pile of clothes under stairs...

IMG_2345.jpg

and suitcase in the garbage can.

IMG_2346.jpg

This was also the blunt smokin area apparently, the most casual weed smoking in front of a motel I've seen in all my travels through Washington, Oregon, California or Colorado.

Unidentified liquid on the wall by the bed.

20240615_062258.jpg

Not the worst I've seen but up there.

IMG_1002.jpg

Thought about rearranging the rooms, some were taped on the door.

IMG_0998.jpg

Circle S lodge Gering Ne, stayed twice because my dad picks cheap. I’d sooner sleep in the highway than there. My uncle woke up early because someone tried to get into his room and went to the gas station to get coffee and they told him it’s the crack hotel. Never again.

A rodeway inn about an hour west of Columbia MO. My girlfriend of 6 months and I were traveling for vacation and pulled in to get a few hours is sleep. Check in and our room has all towels laying in a pile. Blood stains on the bed and shit stains in bathroom. Go to the desk and guy says tough shit. I asked for a refund and we would be on our way. He accuses my girlfriend of being a hooker and we only used the room for sex. I proceed to get upset and call him a few names and we walk out. He follows me and takes a swing at me. I dropped him in the parking lot and cops show up. I get handcuffed and explain what’s going on to the cop. He lets me go and tells me I’m never allowed back in whatever shithole town that was. Never got a refund.

About 30 years ago I stayed in a flea bag hotel in North Carolina. They had a buffet in a small banquet room that was included in the price of the room. The room smelled terrible , mildew in the bathroom and just run down. Stains on the lamp shades.
I go to the buffet. I get down to the gravy and theres a cockroach swimming in it.
I just put my plate in the trash and went to a Wendys for a burger and fries.
Sort of a restless night. I got up at 4 am and went fishing. I checked into a Holiday Inn
that afternoon for about twice the rate of the flea bag hotel. I was never so happy to pay more in my life.

I guess you can't make things this bad up!!
A rodeway inn about an hour west of Columbia MO. My girlfriend of 6 months and I were traveling for vacation and pulled in to get a few hours is sleep. Check in and our room has all towels laying in a pile. Blood stains on the bed and shit stains in bathroom. Go to the desk and guy says tough shit. I asked for a refund and we would be on our way. He accuses my girlfriend of being a hooker and we only used the room for sex. I proceed to get upset and call him a few names and we walk out. He follows me and takes a swing at me. I dropped him in the parking lot and cops show up. I get handcuffed and explain what’s going on to the cop. He lets me go and tells me I’m never allowed back in whatever shithole town that was. Never got a refund.

Twenty years ago, while doing some military time, I jump the embassy plane from Puert Rico to the small island of Vieques. The room I got in the motel did not have a door knob or closing mechanism...nothing. So the door did not remain closed. That evening after a few beverages, I guess I was too tired to prop something up against the door, so I just went to sleep. In the middle of the night a big dog jumped on my bed and immediately went to sleep at the foot of the bed. Sometime around five the dog got up and left the room. When I got home to CO, I told my wife I'd slept with a real dog in Vieques...boy did I gets some dirty looks from her.

I would recommend any travelers to Billings not stay at the Vegas Hotel, Rodeway Inn, or the Motel 6. They have been taken over as housing for the local criminal population.

Worst I’ve stayed at was the Holiday Inn in Great Falls. A very persistent smell of weed, alcohol, and vomit everywhere, assorted drug paraphernalia in the parking lot, and enough sketchy people coming and going that I carried my Glock everywhere I went. It also had some of the only cockroaches I have ever seen in Montana.

Back