Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Workout shoes

Cammy

My wife and I quit smoking a couple months ago and are feeling the few extra pounds that have creeped on since quitting. I have never been one to go to a gym choosing instead to work outdoors as my strength and cardio. We are considering a gym membership now and I am looking for recommendations on shoes. Last pair of gym type shoes were issued in basic training and were of the "Chuck Taylor" variety. Knowing that today there are so many choices of shoes for fitness, can anyone provide insight? My knees can handle running so elliptical or walking related exercise to start. Not a big weight lifter either but plan on some level of strength training. Just need an all around shoe that won't break the bank (saw some shoes for almost $200.00 yesterday).

If your feet aren't too wide, I'd consider Nike MetCons...kind of a catch all shoe that is firm enough for lifting and with enough cushion that you can run in though probably not something I'd run many miles.

We really like Born Primitive shoes: https://bornprimitive.com/collections/savage-1-collection and they don't break the bank necessarily. They run sales fairly often. Honestly, if you hit your local sports store, most shoes are really good these days. Just find something that is comfortable right off the bat!

Great job in changing your lifestyle! You will reap the rewards!

I’ve been in Hoka’s for several years. I have special need for high cushion and high stability due to weak and arthritic ankle, so I like that they rate their various models across those dimensions. For the most part, I think they are butt-ass ugly, and they do tend to wear out quickly, but they serve my unique needs and do make a difference in my arthritic pain.

I'd go to the store and see what fit your feet well. I have wide feet and new balance are about the only ones that fit me decent.

If you have narrow feet you'll have a ton more options

I really like my reebok nanos! I've have been using a version of them for several years now. No bull makes some good ones too. Really comes down to what is comfortable to you.

I have wide flat feet. Always a problem. Couple years ago right after my daughter went off my payroll we were in Hollywood of all places and we went into one of the largest shoe stores. She wanted a couple new pair of workout shoes which is code for Dad can still buy . She wanted me try a pair of HOKA. I looked and nope I am not paying $150 for tennis shoes. Then I tried them on. I have bought 3 pairs since. I have never ever had more comfortable shoes. So good I got a pair of the high top hiking shoes at $300.

Worth every penny . My whole family wears them now.

The brooks adrenaline gts was highly recommended in the workout thread and I agree. Great for everyday and running. Maybe light lifting. I would want less cushion and a flatter sole for heavy lifts.

Nobull court trainers have been great gym trainers for me. Super comfortable and great grip. They do run a little long.

I’ve been a Brooks guy for 10+ years. Tried on lots of others over the years and keep going back to brooks.

Trail running shoes will be double duty as light hikers, and be lower drop for the weight room. If you are going to do anything on a court (hardwood or concrete) you will want to specialize in a shoe with appropriate soles and traction.

A multipurpose shoe is going to be average in all aspects at best...Kinda like an elite triathlete. My choice of a trail shoe is predicated upon wanting to do functional cardio out in the dirt and rocks.

The mention of the Brooks Adrenaline is as legit as any other idea. If you go to a run specialty store they might give you the best option that fits your stride and movement style the best, and they will measure your feet and evaluate your gait.

Man have athletic shoes come a long way or what!? So many options for whatever "sport" or "training type" you want to participate in. What ever happened to $20.00 high-top sneaks'? LOL!

Thanks for the input!

Kenetrek Boots

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gregmilly27
Back