"Wild" horses saved!!!

I have them all over my property and the adjoining 40K acres in Northside unit in Oregon. Besides the stud piles and dusting holes everywhere, what to do the the hillsides when a heard goes through. Tears up the whole area, then when the rain comes big problems.

The damage is everywhere

What about the wild flowers and plant species that we are suppose to protect. Nobody tells the horses.

Some invasive species havent been too bad, pheasants come to mind. Horses on the other hand are playing hell with south east Oregon and Nevada. The horse has at least 150 years on the pheasants having come with the Conquistadors, Pheasants not until the mid 1800s, but we hunt the pheasants. Some how I think there is a lesson there, but it’s not yet 0600 and the coffee is still brewing.

Them: "In a major conservation win for grizzly bears and wild horses"

Also them: "f&ck the ecosystem and all native species on the landscape"

We have feral horses all the way to the Yukon, competing with native species for already limited resources. It's ridiculous that we can declare "war" on feral pigs but not horses because they're cute and majestic or some sh&t.

Perhaps I had a guy living up on my neighbors property and he caught, broke and sold a few.

Perhaps I went to see him and he had a horse hanging like an elk, and perhaps I asked him are eating those things?

Perhaps his response was " they eat the same thing as elk"

I dunno

Perhaps I had a guy living up on my neighbors property and he caught, broke and sold a few.

Perhaps I went to see him and he had a horse hanging like an elk, and perhaps I asked him are eating those things?

Perhaps his response was " they eat the same thing as elk"

I dunno
Next time you are up to LaGrande or Baker give a shout. We should get coffee. Next time I’m heading to the valley I’ll reach out. I refuse to go through Portland. We can talk horses.!

Next time you are up to LaGrande or Baker give a shout. We should get coffee. Next time I’m heading to the valley I’ll reach out. I refuse to go through Portland. We can talk horses.!
Heading over Thursday. Gonna go whack a turkey pm Friday before season ends.

And of course see some "beautiful wild horses"

Why do you racists want to kill Spirit???

Attachments

• 8903FA06-716A-4D89-8E98-E54F75AB7460.png
    8903FA06-716A-4D89-8E98-E54F75AB7460.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 5

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jg722
Back