Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Wife hammered a good one!

Life by the Horns

My wife doesn't have much time to hunt with me these days, but on this particular day I was able to coax her out of a warm bed on a Saturday morning to go out into the wind swept prairie, and put the chase on a big, rutted up buck. She wasn't too happy with me at first, but felt a whole lot better about the situation after she put this big boy to rest!

Hope you enjoy!

Last edited:
Thanks for posting up during the lull of summer ! Getting excited for the deer season
What bullet are you using with the 22-250?
At that time it we were using the Federal Premium Nosler Partition in 60 grain.... unfortunately, they discontinued making that sound after the last ammo shortage. Now we're just using 55 grain SP, but am hoping to start having a friend reload for me in the 60 nosier. Awesome little bullet for sure.

At that time it we were using the Federal Premium Nosler Partition in 60 grain.... unfortunately, they discontinued making that sound after the last ammo shortage. Now we're just using 55 grain SP, but am hoping to start having a friend reload for me in the 60 nosier. Awesome little bullet for sure.
I’m considering the 22-250 for my wife and kids. Cool to see it is effective!

I've been wanting to reload those 60gr partitions, but have not been able to find any yet. Been looking for over a year now.

@Bowmannate2000 that’s not good to hear. Do you have any idea what the issue is? Is it just that they’re not in high demand so they quit making them? I thought you could still find the bullets at least.

What twist is your barrel ? Thank you for all the info, helping me make my decision for a new gun :)
It's the Ruger American Predator - 1:10 RH

Here is the spec sheet:

There are plenty of great rifle choices out there, but I just like the American Predator's for the price point. If I pick up another 22-250 I would probably get a Bergara or a Weatherby just to try something different and compare accuracy.

Last edited:
Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clinebj22
Back