Kenetrek Boots

What do you call hot?

I'm starting to believe getting older really does make the heat seem more unbearable. When we were teenagers we used to ride our bikes all day even in the summer heat of Las Vegas. We made it on the local news once because security saw us riding our bikes in the fountains in front of Caesar's Palace. :whistle:

Our humidity here in far southern Georgia are high enough that the next few generations should start showing signs of developing gills. Anything above 90 starts to get quite bothersome.

I’m high and dry living in Colorado, about died sailing in the Gulf in August. Humidity without wind kills me it was 87° & 80%. High altitude sun makes it feel hotter. 95° in Phoenix felt more comfortable than 95° in Denver not that I would want their 110+ for very long but the higher oxygen level made it a bit easier to tolerate.

Went deer hunting this morning. When I got to my spot at the break of dawn, it was already T-shit weather. By 9:00 I was sitting in my lawn chair in the shade, staring at the inside of my eyelids.

Then I heard some turkey birds talking in the brush off to my left. I grabbed my shotgun and followed them around in the brush for a couple of hundred yards until I got a shot on a young tom. It was too hot for deer hunting but seemed to be just about right for turkeys.

I’ve always kinda thought past 10 below and past 105,humidity is irrelevant and it all just feels HOT/COLD as hell respectively.

Back