Well, it's not good. Not religious but prayers are welcomed.

So sorry Dave. I'm glad you and your daughter had each other to lean on. Stay strong.

I join the group in expressing sadness, admiration, support and condolences. I would encourage you to find supportive people including and beyond your family. You have been through a lot, much more to go through, and doing all that without a team is just too much. Deeply sorry for all of this tragedy, Dave.

I'm sure some of you have heard some of my troubles with the home life. Got a text message today from my daughter saying my wife had shot herself. Yesterday. Out in the kennel building where she has a living space set up and goes to hide when she gets upset. Used her 22 and put one in her neck. Of course, it didn't do the trick and she was still alive when my daughter went out there. I'm sitting in the hospital room where she was life flighted to. Seems like she may be paralyzed from her waist down for now. Lots of pain. Had just a couple minutes to talk with a doctor so maybe I'll get more info later. She had threatened to do it but never really took it seriously. No clue what will happen next.
All Things bright and beautiful
All creatures great and small
All things wise and wonderful
The Lord God made them all

So sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and your family, especially as you get through the potentially hectic and difficult next several days.

I join with others in expressing admiration for your commitment, caring, and devotion as a husband. The fact that you don't see your efforts as remarkable speaks to your genuine humility. It's just who you are. Thank you for being vulnerable and allowing this community to be part of your support.

Doing better today. Youngest daughter was here cleaning up her Bronco and we put her bug deflector on. Cleaning up things in the kennel making some room and a couple neighbors stopped by. Grilled some food for us and then my other daughter said the slideshow for the memorial was online. Good thing I watched it ahead of time. Pretty rough watching it even though I was the one that sent the pictures for it. Now I'm prepared for it. I think.

Thanks to everyone for your caring.

Damn.
I am sorry for your loss Dave. I only have a mantra I was given.
Stay positive and move forward.

Dave I have nothing but admiration for the care and dedication you have shown over the last couple of years. The emotional journey is gonna be rough but it is part of the process.

You have a community here of individuals who want the best for you and your family. Thank you for letting us be a part of your difficult times. I hope you can feel the collective support and genuine caring from the group.

We are here in times of sorrow and joy. Looking forward to the latter but not rushing through the former...

Just got home. Round trip to Milwaukee. They were on their way to their trailer in Wisconsin and luckily they stopped for lunch and it hit there. People took care of both of my folks waiting for the ambulance, paid the check, drove their car somewhere for them, etc. Good people. Gave him a clotbuster and he had surgery to pull out the chunks. Got good bloodflow to his brain again and he was awake and talking when I got there. Trying to crack jokes! Messed up some vision in left eye and left side of body is very weak but he can move arms and legs. Going to be there for a while. I hung around for a while and beat feet for home trying to beat the storm. Pretty nasty up there but just windy here. Guess I missed it by just a few minutes, the air was brown from all of the dirt blowing.

Not quite what I had planned for today. I waved from my porch chair when they drove past this morning and started some more cleaning and had to sit down for a bit when my sister texted me. Damn, I wasn't ready for that. Feeling a lot better now that I've seen him but he's going to have a long road ahead of him at 85. We'll see how the updates go. Time to get some sleep!

Just got home. Round trip to Milwaukee. They were on their way to their trailer in Wisconsin and luckily they stopped for lunch and it hit there. People took care of both of my folks waiting for the ambulance, paid the check, drove their car somewhere for them, etc. Good people. Gave him a clotbuster and he had surgery to pull out the chunks. Got good bloodflow to his brain again and he was awake and talking when I got there. Trying to crack jokes! Messed up some vision in left eye and left side of body is very weak but he can move arms and legs. Going to be there for a while. I hung around for a while and beat feet for home trying to beat the storm. Pretty nasty up there but just windy here. Guess I missed it by just a few minutes, the air was brown from all of the dirt blowing.

Not quite what I had planned for today. I waved from my porch chair when they drove past this morning and started some more cleaning and had to sit down for a bit when my sister texted me. Damn, I wasn't ready for that. Feeling a lot better now that I've seen him but he's going to have a long road ahead of him at 85. We'll see how the updates go. Time to get some sleep!
So glad you made it home safely and hopefully their spot on the lake here is OK. We just got home from looking down the street where our barn is and it's OK but to the north just another 1/2 mile it's not. Looks like a tornado went through and explains why we have no power. I heard and saw there are a few close spots west and over towards their place with same stuff.

Hang in there, Dave. Praying for you and your folks.

So glad you made it home safely and hopefully their spot on the lake here is OK. We just got home from looking down the street where our barn is and it's OK but to the north just another 1/2 mile it's not. Looks like a tornado went through and explains why we have no power. I heard and saw there are a few close spots west and over towards their place with same stuff.
Everything dried up before it hit us here at home but I was skirting the edge going home. It sure looked nasty! Haven't heard anything yet about the trailer park on the lake. Can't remember the name of it but it's next to Soldiers and Sailors Park.

Word this morning is he's doing better and has a little more movement. Will try and get him out of bed later today.

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avidcork
Back