Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Well, it's not good. Not religious but prayers are welcomed.

I've been holding off posting on here but I'm just going to get it over with. Woke up yesterday and Lori was conscious but unresponsive. Called 911 and got to the ER. Blood pressure super low and hemoglobin count almost nonexistent. Fluids and a unit of blood were given and she was transferred to another hospital for comfort care. Pressure is a little better today but she's still out of it. Her wish was to not save her and just let her join her parents so the decision was made to give her as much morphine as needed to make her comfortable and to remove the IV fluids to not prolong things. Meeting with hospice people this afternoon. No idea how long this will last but it's what she wanted and that's what we're going to do. I'm trying to maintain but that may not last long.
Prayers for you and your family Dave. Trust in Him.

I've been holding off posting on here but I'm just going to get it over with. Woke up yesterday and Lori was conscious but unresponsive. Called 911 and got to the ER. Blood pressure super low and hemoglobin count almost nonexistent. Fluids and a unit of blood were given and she was transferred to another hospital for comfort care. Pressure is a little better today but she's still out of it. Her wish was to not save her and just let her join her parents so the decision was made to give her as much morphine as needed to make her comfortable and to remove the IV fluids to not prolong things. Meeting with hospice people this afternoon. No idea how long this will last but it's what she wanted and that's what we're going to do. I'm trying to maintain but that may not last long.
God Bless you and Lori. Sending prayers of peace and comfort.

I'm terribly sorry to hear this. My wife's uncle is going through something similar. Stage 3 cancer and recently went to hospital with similar symptoms, very low hemoglobin and blood pressure. He's just been admitted to hospice and from what I understand he may not last very long. It's amazing how heart wrenching this life can be sometimes. Stay strong.

Just read the whole thread, and I have nothing but respect for you and sorrow for your families loss. My prayers go out to you and yours

Man Dave that’s tough to hear. I have admired your strength and perseverance greatly over the past couple years. Hang in there. Will be thinking of you and your family.

Alrighty. I didn't really want this to happen but it's the only choice I have. Lori will be going home tomorrow for home hospice care. Nurse will come daily for a hour or so and I'm on my own the rest of the time. Wow! I have to give her the morphine and whatever else. Pretty nervous about stuff. Not sure how I can cook food and eat in front of her when she can't have anything! That's just cruel. I just hate having the thought of waking up one day and finding her gone. Ok, time to suck it up and do what it takes. The next adventure begins.

Bless you both, Dave. We'll pray for you and wish for God's grace to comfort you.

Hospice has been a blessing with Mom. Hopefully you get a nurse as good as we got. They are there 24/7 to guide you thru it. When you think it’s time they will be there to help. Don’t hesitate to pick up the phone to call them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jordanhronek
Back