PEAX Equipment

Walleye in Denver

Bigjay73

Although I've lived in Denver for 10 years, I haven't fished much around town, almost always in the mountains. I've recently caught my first walleye, and am obsessed with them. Between Aurora, cherry creek, Chatfield, Carter and Union reservoir, which is the best lake for quantity of walleye within an hour of town?

Of those I've only ever fished Chatfield and around this time of year so it was very steady action. Surprised me too the first time.

I've done well on all of them ( aside from Aurora, never fished it ). Just need to find the fish and you can get good action.

Although I've lived in Denver for 10 years, I haven't fished much around town, almost always in the mountains. I've recently caught my first walleye, and am obsessed with them. Between Aurora, cherry creek, Chatfield, Carter and Union reservoir, which is the best lake for quantity of walleye within an hour of town?
When I lived in Castle Rock, I put a pretty good hurting in walleyes in Cherry Creek Res. PM me for specifics.

Check out the "All Eyes on Fishing" podcast. Some fellas from CO that have some good insight on walleye fishing western reservoirs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manbugle
Back