Advertisement

Venting Frustration....Not going to be able to hunt this year?

I feel your pain.
3 years I had sciatic pain,or so some told me.
Went in for MRI and it is stage 4 cancer on my hip and base of spine.

So it could be worse news. On the other hand I never had surgery and my sciatic nerve is fine.
I have it beat for now. Sort of.

I feel your pain.
3 years I had sciatic pain,or so some told me.
Went in for MRI and it is stage 4 cancer on my hip and base of spine.

So it could be worse news. On the other hand I never had surgery and my sciatic nerve is fine.
I have it beat for now. Sort of.
Brother, I've seen a lot of wonderful support and similar stories from other hunters, but your story really rang out to me. I should appreciate that I will likely be taken care of and get the opportunity to do what I love again.

You keep fighting and keeping that stuff at bay! And if you don't mind, I'll add a prayer for you!

@Madman I would suggest that you call the office daily to let them know you are extremely motivated to get in and can fill any cancellation for your consultation. Also make certain that they have all images (X-ray, MRI and CATscan) there already, and additionally you should have those images burned to a disc or thumb drive should those records go “missing” Go in person to the office so that you can have all of the preliminary paperwork completed and the admin folks will have a face/name recognition.

PS: bringing in some Connie’s Cookies or other such treat when you show up to further earn good will.
Great advice. You have to be your own advocate ! Keep copies of everything. Be a polite pest. Light up the phone lines daily.

Get healed up and hit her hard next year. I'm in the same boat with a slightly different leak then yours. Just had right shoulder surgery July 9. Just heal with minimal PT for 3 month and then I go right back in for hopefully the last surgery on this shoulder. I won't be able to hunt at all but hopefully the October surgery will go well and spring bear hunting will be on the table. Wish you the best on a successful surgery and take it slow and heal up.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishonfleek
Back