Utah People, thoughts on this?

For those of you who can't wait til 10/6 for Randy's Podcast and like to listen to wonky policy/law stuff, check out the Your Mountain podcast episode on this topic. I'm not sure their website is up to date, but you can listen to it on spotify. Gives a good perspective on the legal angle the state is trying to pursue.

I second Your Mountain for deep dives into a lot of western issues. Dave and Nephi have a ton of real world experience with policy and present it in a easy to understand way.

My letter to the editor:

Montana Political Choices
As an independent moderately conservative Montanan with no party affiliation, voting choices are confusing.
However, as a lifelong hunter-outdoorsman and advocate for wildlife and public lands, party choice today has become clearer.
Montana Republican party platform June 2024, page 13.
Federally Managed Public Lands
The Montana Republican Party supports relinquishing federally managed public lands to the states in order to secure statehood equality and provide for better management of public lands.

Montana has difficulty funding management of what lands are now under state control. To think that public lands such as USFS lands with huge budgets for management of campgrounds, trails, roads, fire mitigation and suppression, law enforcement ... and on and on, would be better managed by the state lacking the monies required is a foolish idea.

Montana cannot even afford to implement life saving traffic safety measures to mitigate the continuous frequent car, truck, and motorcycle crashes, many with human fatalities, which occur on Die-way 191 near Gallatin Gateway!

To propose taking on management of Custer Gallatin National Forest or any other vast tract of federal public land is absurd!

Selling or divesting of public lands just came up as a "housing solution" in the VP debate.
That was interesting to hear the moderator bring up. Of course, Vance had no real answer for them other than there are a lot of federal lands that are just doing nothing or something to that effect.

That was interesting to hear the moderator bring up. Of course, Vance had no real answer for them other than there are a lot of federal lands that are just doing nothing or something to that effect.
They come from states that sold all their Federal lands.
No idea of what Our Public Lands mean to most folks.
Me, for sure.

They come from states that sold all their Federal lands.
No idea of what Our Public Lands mean to most folks.
Me, for sure.

Goes to show how out of touch most of these douche bags are with the average person.

Growing up in Indiana with very minimal public lands, and now living out west, our accessible public lands mean the world to me.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfgjetski
Back