Kenetrek Boots

Ugly guns

Working guns don't have to be ugly. Here's a couple of man-killers converted to hunting rifles.
20230817_090946.jpg
This Springfield has killed a couple hundred animals over the last sixty years.
20240420_112851.jpg
404 Jeffery built on a Czech Brno vz.24.
Both guns were built to work but also easy on the eyes.

People have a wide selection of tastes & aesthetics. What's ugly to me is another person's family heirloom.

I mean, it's still ugly, but like a newborn that bears a resemblance to Joseph Merrick, you just smile and say "it's lovely, that's awesome. Congrats!"
Hard to imagine a Walmart special being a heirloom, but you’re absolutely right.

I have killed many a duck with a Remington 1100 and a poly choke. My grandfather did so before me with the same shotgun so who am I to judge…

I have killed many a duck with a Remington 1100 and a poly choke. My grandfather did so before me with the same shotgun so who am I to judge…
Seen a family of ducks crossing the interstate near Deer Lodge get wiped out by a semi truck I was in the process of passing once upon a time…..

Last edited:
So a beautiful firearm can’t be enjoyable to shoot?
Sure can. They don’t make many pretty rifles with optimized ergos though. So when one prioritizes the tool aspect over the art aspect the end result isn’t often “beautiful”. Particularly in the eyes of people who get worked up over such things.

Back