Troy Hall poaching press release.

BuzzH

Troy made the Paper!

(Cheyenne, Wyo.) – An anonymous letter received in January 2012 alerted game wardens that a Cheyenne man imported feral pigs from Texas to Wyoming and also killed a mule deer buck out of season. These tips directly led to the recent convictions of Troy T. Hall for those, and several other wildlife violations.

The investigation, led by Blajszczak and Laramie Wildlife Investigator John Demaree, also confirmed Hall killed a heavy-antlered 5-by-5 mule deer on Nov. 3, 2004, 19 days after the season closed and without the limited-quota license required for that area. Hall, a professional taxidermist, had permission to hunt elk on a ranch in southeast Johnson County – but he did not have permission to hunt deer. In following years, Hall entered his mount of the illegally harvested deer in taxidermy competitions and was awarded several ribbons. He falsified the Interstate Game Tag on the mount by attesting the deer was killed Nov. 20, 2004 near Hulett.

“That included not only the pedestal mount of the illegally taken buck mule deer and many trophy photos of Hall’s illegal activities, but also a trophy set of bighorn ram horns on an attached skull plate that did not have the required plug or Interstate Game Tag,” Blajszczak said.

Hall told officers the horns were a replica of a ram from Estes Park, Colo. and hence did not require a tag, pointing out a portion of a horn that had been repaired. Blajszczak doubted the story and had the mount X-rayed by the Transportation Security Administration at the Cheyenne Regional Airport. The X-ray revealed the horns were real and only a small portion was a repair patch. The Wyoming Game and Fish Department’s Wildlife Forensic Laboratory also confirmed through DNA analysis that the mount was a bighorn ram. Blajszczak later determined that the ram was taken by another individual in Colorado, but no record of a hunting license was found and the case was turned over to Colorado Parks and Wildlife.

Full story here:

http://county10.com/2013/03/05/anon...ildlife-convictions-for-cheyenne-taxidermist/

Last edited:
Hall told officers the horns were a replica of a ram from Estes Park, Colo. and hence did not require a tag, pointing out a portion of a horn that had been repaired. Blajszczak doubted the story and had the mount X-rayed by the Transportation Security Administration at the Cheyenne Regional Airport. The X-ray revealed the horns were real and only a small portion was a repair patch. The Wyoming Game and Fish Department’s Wildlife Forensic Laboratory also confirmed through DNA analysis that the mount was a bighorn ram. Blajszczak later determined that the ram was taken by another individual in Colorado, but no record of a hunting license was found and the case was turned over to Colorado Parks and Wildlife.

During the investigation, I sent photos taken from video of a giant ram in Colorado that had disappeared, to see if it was a match. Turned out not to be.

BR-1_zps0479b074.jpg

BR-2_zpsbdcd181f.jpg

BR-3_zpsdc08fbe2.jpg

Great job (Concerned citizen) Buzz.:hump:

You set a great example for all of us to follow.

I didnt write the letter.

However, I did agree to testify to what I knew about the case, which was way more than I wanted to know.

I think he got off pretty light personally.

No, not for 5 years, he cant hunt with anyone for 5 years. The 6th year of his suspension he can take kids under 18.

That guy is so selfish, its not going to happen anyway, he wont take any kids. I think both of his kids will be over 18 by the time he can hunt again.

Can you imagine being so selfish you'd risk not hunting with your own kids just to poach?

What an A-hole.

Good job whoever turned him in. I know it says he can't hunt for 5 years, but, do they really think that he won't? I mean he was breaking the law in the first place. . .I'm guessing he will continue to "hunt" (poach) . . .but I bet they will be keeping an eye on him for sure. So sad that people are too lazy to put in the work for a trophy . . sad and irritating.

Good job whoever turned him in. I know it says he can't hunt for 5 years, but, do they really think that he won't? I mean he was breaking the law in the first place. . .I'm guessing he will continue to "hunt" (poach) . . .but I bet they will be keeping an eye on him for sure. So sad that people are too lazy to put in the work for a trophy . . sad and irritating.

Sometimes the sentencing order will prohibit them from being in the presence or accompanying ANYONE while they are hunting. to do so would violate his probation and he could end up serving any suspended jail time. Also, hunting while you are revoked is a felony in some states, and often carries jail time.

So, yes he may continue his activities, but God help him if he gets caught doing so.

I got a phone call yesterday from Shawn Blajszczak, and he said Troy had to surrender all his personal firearms to the sheriffs office, isnt allowed in a bar, cant drink, etc. as part of the probation.

It was also pretty funny that Troy's been running around Cheyenne telling everyone that this case was just a "misunderstanding" with the WYG&F and that they had "cleared it up".

Yeah, 5 search warrants issued, lacey act violation, poaching in Kansas and Wyoming, and a potential case in Colorado over a bighorn sheep...yep, just a victim of circumstance and a "misunderstanding." The little "misunderstanding" also cost him 16K in fines, loss of license for 6 years, etc.

Good thing it was just a "misunderstanding"...::rolleyes::W::rolleyes:

Sometimes the sentencing order will prohibit them from being in the presence or accompanying ANYONE while they are hunting. to do so would violate his probation and he could end up serving any suspended jail time. Also, hunting while you are revoked is a felony in some states, and often carries jail time.

So, yes he may continue his activities, but God help him if he gets caught doing so.

I know, but, I'm betting he will not make it the 5 yrs without another run in with the law. Guys like that rarely learn. . I hope he doesn't continue being on the wrong side of the law.

I got a phone call yesterday from Shawn Blajszczak, and he said Troy had to surrender all his personal firearms to the sheriffs office, isnt allowed in a bar, cant drink, etc. as part of the probation.

It was also pretty funny that Troy's been running around Cheyenne telling everyone that this case was just a "misunderstanding" with the WYG&F and that they had "cleared it up".

Yeah, 5 search warrants issued, lacey act violation, poaching in Kansas and Wyoming, and a potential case in Colorado over a bighorn sheep...yep, just a victim of circumstance and a "misunderstanding." The little "misunderstanding" also cost him 16K in fines, loss of license for 6 years, etc.

Good thing it was just a "misunderstanding"...::rolleyes::W::rolleyes:

yes, he "misunderstood" the laws. . .what a crock! hope he learns from this.

No, not for 5 years, he cant hunt with anyone for 5 years. The 6th year of his suspension he can take kids under 18.

That guy is so selfish, its not going to happen anyway, he wont take any kids. I think both of his kids will be over 18 by the time he can hunt again.

Can you imagine being so selfish you'd risk not hunting with your own kids just to poach?

What an A-hole.

I feel sorry for his kids...they have to live with him... your right Total A-hole.

Ok I know his name is Troy and that he is an A-hole but was he a celeb or member of the DNR or what?

Ok I know his name is Troy and that he is an A-hole but was he a celeb or member of the DNR or what?

If you have ever been to a sportsman show out west you have probably seen some of his mounts.

If you have ever been to a sportsman show out west you have probably seen some of his mounts.
Never been to one out west just the deer and turkey expo here in madison. I do sales here at our show for a seed company.I take it this Troy is a popular taxidermist.

Back