Advertisement

Trekking Poles

Black diamond and Leki with the flick lock style have always been great for me. Go with aluminum rather than carbon fiber.

I did learn that when you are snow-shoeing last winter and fall on the pole and bend it a bit, it no longer collapses all the way. No big deal, it goes in the truck when not used. However fast forward to elk season and it no longer nicely fits on the backpack and catches on any branch I go under :-(

I have black diamonds and they usually come a little loose... they usually just need a little tightening, make sure to tighten when the quick clip is open. Takes a little fine tuning but should get it done.
Did said fine tuning today before my hike - first trip I have taken out on that canyon walk that one didn't get shorter than the other. All appears to be good.

After searching for threads about brands Of trekking poles I’ve come to the conclusion that everyone recommends using trekking poles. But not really gives good examples of brand and model. I understand this could be a Ford/Chevy conversation.

the past three seasons I’ve purchased a new pair of Walmart brand trekking poles. They do their job but, when my pack is heavy or I’m coming downhill and slip I usually catch my self with one of the poles. It of course ends up with a big bend.

So I am hoping you guys/gals have specific recommendations about poles. Ie black Diamond ergo trail pro or leki cork lite. Just want a good pair of poles that aren’t going to bend the first time I stumble. Any help would be appreciated.
Sissy sticks!

I bringing this thread back. I finally got myself a set of Costco trekking poles! Big spender!
My wife and I just returned from three weeks of hiking the west. One week in Sedona, a week in Moab and a week in Rocky Mountain National Park. We used our new Costco trekking poles and could not be happier with these poles. Light, strong, lever-lock adjustments and cork handles. You could spend a lot more money on poles but why would you?

My wife and I just returned from three weeks of hiking the west. One week in Sedona, a week in Moab and a week in Rocky Mountain National Park. We used our new Costco trekking poles and could not be happier with these poles. Light, strong, lever-lock adjustments and cork handles. You could spend a lot more money on poles but why would you?
Agreed - thirty-something dollars and work great. Like having four legs instead of two - well maybe not quite, but for sure makes both uphill and down easier on a guy.

I have used Costco treking poles for many many years. For the money they are a unbelievable value. I hunt about 100 days a year and they are a permanent fixture on all my backpacks. I broke 1 pole a while back packing out a bull. When I broke it I didn't shed a tear. I do not use them except if someone twists knee or an ankle our you need so turn it into a splint or I'm packing out an animal Using trekking poles is kind of a "crutch" so to speak no pun intended. Using them will not allow your stabilizers to develop and make them stronger. I do agree with you they ROCK!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meatball
Back