PEAX Equipment

Transfer Wyoming Pts?

Get points for kids and if they don't end up wanting to hunt buy youth license in party with another kid or just yourself. Kid license is way cheaper now than participating in the special draw scheme. Technically not a transfer but a way to use points that are not being used rather cheap.

Here is the current reg. and the proposed change to it.
Current:
Screenshot 2024-06-12 165111 copy.jpg

Proposed:
Screenshot 2024-06-12 165203 copy.jpg

Last edited:
Whoa, what about the disabled Vet transfer tags? This does away with the whole system. No more turning in tags, they just go to waste if you can’t use them.

@BuzzH have you heard anything on this?
Doesn't change the disabled vet system, that's in chapter 44 section 14.

The tag isn't "transferred" it's reissued to the vet.

You have to read the statement of reason, the change has nothing to do with the veteran language at all. Totally different section in chapter 44.

Doesn't change the disabled vet system, that's in chapter 44 section 14.

The tag isn't "transferred" it's reissued to the vet.

You have to read the statement of reason, the change has nothing to do with the veteran language at all. Totally different section in chapter 44.
I did and went back and edited the post. We hit submit at the same time.

suppose I was in Wyoming, now points being cold cruel and inane in your case signify a lack of attachment. The manuscript of the source of life is what you are really after. mater was mean. now elk pay a metered points system.
A simple case of word salad reviving a 6 month old thread.

Just for info - due to wanting an answer to a technical question today - I emailed Wyoming game and fish under the “contact” tab. They had answers for me very quickly. Their business hours are 8am-5pm on weekdays. Good customer service so far

All depends on who answered that email, they are not always right. I would call and ask your question , to the correct person, in Cheyenne.

Didn’t know about the option for transferring to kids. Might have to hook my daughter up with a general elk tag once I have enough points since she’s 10 and already wants to shoot a bull elk. Lol. At what age can a kid get bonus points in WY?
My thoughts immediately went to my son as well... He's a ways out from being able to even hunt, but the kid wants a bow for his 8th bday! It would be cool to get him an elk tag for his bday as soon as he is old enough to hunt Wyoming!

Back