Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

This seems timely…

rmyoung1

Last year, as a 10-year-old, my son Luke took his first deer, a young whitetail buck, during Montana’s youth deer season. This year, now that he was a “seasoned” hunter at 11 years old, his personal goal was a good mule deer. I was happy to try to help him make it happen. We left the river bottoms behind and hit the hills looking for a decent mule deer.
photo oct 17 2024, 4 24 14 pm.jpeg

Last edited:
The kid was more relentless than I anticipated. He marched me around with determination, and we found some mule deer. At one point, I led him on a stalk that had us undetected and within 90 yards of a herd at sundown. A buck stood broadside and Luke was prone behind his rifle.
“Do you see him, Luke?”
“Yeah.”
“Are the crosshairs on him?”
“Yeah.”
“Could you kill him, Luke?”
“Yeah.”
“Are you gonna shoot?”
“Dad… he’s TINY.”

He wasn’t wrong. More bucks followed. All were smaller than Mr. Tiny. The two-day season ended. Luke left without firing a shot.

Now… back to the Montana General Season Structure Proposal thread… :)

photo oct 17 2024, 6 35 19 pm.jpeg

Last edited:
The kid was more relentless than I anticipated. He marched me around with determination, and we found some mule deer. At one point, I led him on a stalk that had us undetected and within 90 yards of a herd at sundown. A buck stood broadside and Luke was prone behind his rifle.
“Do you see him, Luke?”
“Yeah.”
“Are the crosshairs on him?”
“Yeah.”
“Could you kill him, Luke?”
“Yeah.”
“Are you gonna shoot?”
“Dad… he’s TINY.”

He wasn’t wrong. More bucks followed. All were smaller than Mr. Tiny. The two-day season ended. Luke left without firing a shot.

Now… back to the Montana General Season Structure Proposal thread… :)

View attachment 346317
That acorn didn't fall far...

Wow! Good for him. Not many kids would hold back for the one he wanted. I wish my stepson's dad wouldn't have taken him to shoot a doe for his first one. He's regretting it now, but like I told it's your first time, and you got excited. At least you got one.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessie0718
Back