MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Ten Sleep WY

We hunted that area for deer last year and I noticed the same thing. Very good country for antelope but not many animals

Did you go up over past the ski hill to the east? Saw quite a few nice bucks up there.
I’m not sure where that is, we went NW from Casper up thru the bottom of 115 and then tried covering all that BLM up along the west side of the unit. We went into 114’s east side on the way to Worland.

I’m not sure where that is, we went NW from Casper up thru the bottom of 115 and then tried covering all that BLM up along the west side of the unit. We went into 114’s east side on the way to Worland.
The highway up an over to buffalo. Some good high meadows up there

There are several better units for less points I would absolutely go to before 114-115.
I've been applying for doe tags in 115 for the past 3 draw cycles to see if it's an area i want to burn my (now) 9 points. Good to hear some intel. I'll still likely drive that way on my way to my elk hunt in the Wyoming Range in a couple weeks to check out the scenery. The terrain of the hunt is more important to me than the potential for high scoring animals.

Hunted south side of the mountains from 115 in what has been a good unit and numbers are down considerably. Buck to doe ratio was very low seeing a lot of groups of 12-15 does without a buck and not seeing more than one buck in any group. We hunted hard and put a tag on a nice buck, but it was work. On the positive side, almost every doe we saw had two fawns with her. If mother nature cooperates, there could be some rebound over the next few years.

Moved down mid-summer from the northeast part of the state and the antelope/whitetail populations took a big hit up there from the 22 winter. Besides cold temps, snow remained above vegetation levels for a solid 5 months. Add the horrific grass fires this summer and the numbers are way down. Good luck to anyone hunting, but be prepared to put in some miles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damnyankee
Back