Storms/Clouds

When I was in high school late one summer afternoon, I tying up cows getting ready for milking. I had one holstein by her chain in one hand and the chain tie from the stanchion in the other. A bolt if lightning hit the barn foundation. Huge flash and I got tossed on my azz ! It felt like I got hit with a ball bat in the back of my head ! The farm owner came running over. He thought I was dead. Good thing the other cows had not been tied yet !

Yesterday was intense, Mostly went from one neighbors house to the next.
Not much for me to do today, the head of the fire is already 20 miles away. The night time pictures were last night from my driveway.

Last edited:
That's just scary!
The pictures where the fire was coming through the timber was much more scary. We put cat line around two houses and fired off of the line. ( the fire on the fields in the front). Had absolutely raging fire on all sides for a little while. The first house I was at was even worse. Started putting in the line in the dark, it wasn't long and sparks were going over head. Fire got there in a hurry right at dawn. Got the Cat line in just in time, no time to burn out. No time for pictures on that one.

Last edited:
The pictures where the fire was coming through the timber was much more scary. We put cat line around two houses and fired off of the line. ( the fire on the fields in the front). Had absolutely raging fire on all sides for a little while. The first house I was at was even worse. Started putting in the line in the dark, it wasn't long and sparks were going over head. Fire got there in a hurry right at dawn. Got the Cat line in just in time, no time to burn out. No time for pictures on that one.
Remington?

From my deck in Laramie several years ago:

0606181804.jpg

IMG950174.jpg

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishonfleek
Back