Caribou Gear

Stevens rifles

TrapperJ

Hi folks. I came to ask and see if there's any big stevens or savage fans that could possibly tell me if stevens ever produced any actual hunting rifles and here's a reason why I kinda wanna know. I got a really old semi auto stevens 22 that my grandpa had bought back in the 40 or 50s I believe and it was brand new now after using it for about 80 years or so the left extractor finally broke but when it was operational it's killed everything from yotes to snakes but anyways he was always a fan of savage and stevens and bought many of there 22s and shotguns but I wanna know did they make any deer rifles I do know they made 1 30 30 but that's it. But what other calibers did they make them in I wonder? . Thanks for any help

Stevens model 200 is the same as a savage 110. Lots of 308, .30-06, and 375 h&h based cartridges. I think they havent made it for a while though, youd have to find one used.

Numrich gun parts should have the extractor/ejector (extractors are usually on the right?).

Stevens model 200 is the same as a savage 110. Lots of 308, .30-06, and 375 h&h based cartridges. I think they havent made it for a while though, youd have to find one used.

Numrich gun parts should have the extractor/ejector (extractors are usually on the right?).
Might be the right extracter but it seems like the left. I do know stevens made the 334 I just never knew about the 200

When I was a teenager a stevens 200 could be had for around $200. I have a .308 and a .223. They were chambered for most of the common cartridges.

Same action as the savage. Plastic stock with a foregrip that was bulky and squared off just like a 2x4. Always shot well for me though.

I had a Stevens in .270 in my teenage years. It kicked harder than anything I have shot since (I shoot a 300 win mag now). I thought i was just gun shy but I traded it to my buddy and he went out, shot it and came back with a purple shoulder. He now shoots something else as well. I'm guessing just a recoil pad issue but man did it boot. Hated that gun.

I had a Stevens in .270 in my teenage years. It kicked harder than anything I have shot since (I shoot a 300 win mag now). I thought i was just gun shy but I traded it to my buddy and he went out, shot it and came back with a purple shoulder. He now shoots something else as well. I'm guessing just a recoil pad issue but man did it boot. Hated that gun.

They're light and that recoil pad is underwhelming.

My stevens .308 whacks pretty good.

Might be the right extracter but it seems like the left. I do know stevens made the 334 I just never knew about the 200

200s are good guns. Check out the savageshooters forum - lots of good info there is pretty good aftermarket support.

Id probably throw the stock away the first day i bought it if i got one.

200s are good guns. Check out the savageshooters forum - lots of good info there is pretty good aftermarket support.

Id probably throw the stock away the first day i bought it if i got one.
I wish I could find a good walnut stock for my savage axis I did see though a pretty camoed out savage 200

Full disclosure though.... Im a savage guy - but i think the consensus here and most places is the axis models arent really worth upgrading.
I like my axis pretty good wouldn't mind having a 110 or 99 or a better savage but it would give it a nicer look having a walnut stock

I like my axis pretty good wouldn't mind having a 110 or 99 or a better savage but it would give it a nicer look having a walnut stock
If you find a 110 long action ill mail you an old wood stock im not using and probably wont ever.

Good luck the rest of your season.

Back