Kenetrek Boots

Someone got lucky

My dad has an obsession with clean trucks. Took him and my boys on an antelope hunt a few years back with my truck. Every time we stopped to get gas he insisted we wash all windows with the little scrubber and squeegee, also had to take truck through the car wash at the end of every day. We actually got into a bit of an argument about it.
I have had similar experiences with my dad. My dad does not hunt archery anymore, but when my uncle, me, and some buddies stay at deer camp on the farm during the rut my dad comes up in the evenings to see how the days hunts went, eat dinner with us, and play cards. Our deer camp has a very open and wide road to it thru the hay field. He literally loads his side by side on the trailer hooks it to the truck and hauls it up to my grandparents shop parks the GMC 2500 HD and drives the side by side the half mile up to the camp every night so his truck doesn't get dirty. It drives me nuts!

What I am amazed at is how little gear these guys have. That Subaru looks empty. I have to tow a 7’x14’ enclosed cargo trailer behind my truck for all the crap I take. 🤣😎
That was my first thought.. The bull attached to that would take up a lot of cooler space. I can get by with 1 or 2 hunters and just a crew cab + 6.5' box but an elk rack is probably going to be riding on top of stuff in the bed!

That's one sweet bull though with big matching split 5ths!

It’s the guys wife’s truck. She’s already mad he went elk hunting on a tag that he never expected to draw, even though he knew he had enough points to draw. now he’s going to want to hang that in the living room. He washed her truck before heading home. Too little too late.
That’s huge! Here’s another guy that got lucky!

Going through the Bozeman Pass !

View attachment 340388View attachment 340389
This guy moved to Montana and has company visiting soon from back east. He needs an elk rack to hang on the outside of the garage, so he stole it from the motel on the outskirts of town and now a social media star is pissed.

I'm surprised someone wasn't guarding the truck. Seems like every year we hear about elk racks getting stolen. It even made me hide out to rest on my drive home from UT. I never let the truck get out of my sight until I got home.

Chances are it was a bull from a high dollar CWMU, but it still is a great bull and I'd love to meet the guy who shot it and hear his story.

I'm surprised someone wasn't guarding the truck. Seems like every year we hear about elk racks getting stolen. It even made me hide out to rest on my drive home from UT. I never let the truck get out of my sight until I got home.

Chances are it was a bull from a high dollar CWMU, but it still is a great bull and I'd love to meet the guy who shot it and hear his story.
It was literally driving down the street and stopped at a stoplight. No guarding needed. :)

If I killed that thing and had it in the back of my truck, I'd probably stop as many times as possible on my way home, whether I lived an hour away or 2000 miles away. :ROFLMAO:
For sure! I’d be taking the long way home no matter what. I start hunting next week. I won’t have a clean truck but you can be assured that if I get one like that it’s riding on the top of my ridiculous truck all the way home!

And someone on the internet will take a photo and make fun of me for something… 🤷‍♂️

Life’s short, enjoy it, and who gives 2 F’s about how the other guy expresses himself! Sh!t I make fun of myself all the time!

IMG_3775.jpeg

For sure! I’d be taking the long way home no matter what. I start hunting next week. I won’t have a clean truck but you can be assured that if I get one like that it’s riding on the top of my ridiculous truck all the way home!

And someone on the internet will take a photo and make fun of me for something… 🤷‍♂️

Life’s short, enjoy it, and who gives 2 F’s about how the other guy expresses himself! Sh!t I make fun of myself all the time!

View attachment 340831
Even dirty that truck would be hard to loose in a large parking lot.

If I killed that thing and had it in the back of my truck, I'd probably stop as many times as possible on my way home, whether I lived an hour away or 2000 miles away. :ROFLMAO:
The best part about driving I-80 September through October is seeing the rigs heading west with grins of anticipation ear to ear as they head west with coolers, atvs, and gear strapped to every possible spot on their truck. And then the rigs heading east with muddy rigs, looks of are we there yet, and occasionally antlers strapped to the top of their rig for all to see giving thumbs up as they pass envious trucks.

The best part about driving I-80 September through October is seeing the rigs heading west with grins of anticipation ear to ear as they head west with coolers, atvs, and gear strapped to every possible spot on their truck. And then the rigs heading east with muddy rigs, looks of are we there yet, and occasionally antlers strapped to the top of their rig for all to see giving thumbs up as they pass envious trucks.
Coming home from Southern Illinois and the Shawnee when I was a kid was literally a parade for hours. Every deer was on display, every other car you passed had deer strap to it until you got to Champaign then they would start to thin out it was almost as fun as the hunting itself.

Coming home from Southern Illinois and the Shawnee when I was a kid was literally a parade for hours. Every deer was on display, every other car you passed had deer strap to it until you got to Champaign then they would start to thin out it was almost as fun as the hunting itself.
My brother used to run a big cross country meet in Kenosha Wisconsin. It was always during the final weekend of Wisco deer season and thanksgiving. Guys would have bucks and Christmas trees on their Roofs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meatball
Back