Smokers

Redmt

I'm going to replace my old water tank smoker. It works great for what it is. I want a propane, thermostat temp controlled , separate chip tray and the ability to hang meats and snack sticks as well as grills for roasts etc. It will need reliable enough low temperature control for jerky also. I like to stay in the sub $500 range. Do any of you have something that is still currently made that fits the bill?

Any reason you want propane and not electric pellet? Our Pit Boss has been awesome and was pretty reasonable. We use it to make jerky as well.

I don't want to hassle pellets. Everything we have that generates any heat is on propane. The nearest place to get pellets is over an hour away. Propane gets delivered regularly 3 times a year.

Only reason I have a pitboss is there is no hardwood for smoking here.
It works but is a bit high at 180 deg. for long smoking right. Sear feature is cool.

I have a Camp Chef smoke vault 18 that's about 4 or 5 years old and works great, I've smoked a lot of stuff with it. I got it through Expertvoice for around $250; without discount I think they are around $350 or so.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jg722
Back