Sitka Sales

300Winmag

So I’ve seen a lot of retailers liquidating their Sitka gear and they have some not so nice things to say. Is Sitka having some internal struggles with corporate structuring, any insight to what is going on. It seems a lot of people are staying tight lipped on what is going on. Eurooptic and Mountain Archery as well as several others are getting out of the Sitka business. I’m just wondering what is going on.

Lots and lots of rumors of internal changes and turmoil posted on RS. Also rumors of them going direct to consumers. I know most of the retailers around me haven’t really added any inventory in the last year except T shirts

My guess is they feel pressure from Kuiu as they sell direct and can control prices better and hold better profits.

I am only guessing but I wouldn't doubt at all if they go direct. They can offer what they want online without having to convince retail buyers on what to stock. Also they may make better margins while still being able to keep prices down. Going direct has its costs and challenges as well. I could see how retailers might be upset getting froze out after supporting a brand for years and years. You would have to living under a rock not to see retail has been changing with the opportunity with online sales and delivery to your front door very quickly.

Inventory at Bozemans Sitka store was pitiful. I regretted the visit....but still felt like a hotshot hunter/shopper.😆

Interesting if they go direct, First Lite did and switched back to stores 2x now.

Sitka Forest was their best pattern for pine/fir/cedar forests. Makes sense they’d darken up their open country pattern.

I am only guessing but I wouldn't doubt at all if they go direct. They can offer what they want online without having to convince retail buyers on what to stock. Also they may make better margins while still being able to keep prices down. Going direct has its costs and challenges as well. I could see how retailers might be upset getting froze out after supporting a brand for years and years. You would have to living under a rock not to see retail has been changing with the opportunity with online sales and delivery to your front door very quickly.
Don't get me wrong I do like the Sitka stuff I have but I don't think keeping prices down is on their priority list 😅😅😅

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jg722
Back