Sierra Club Solicitation

tarheel

Well, it happened; I wound up on the Sierra Club radar and they sent me this soppy and misleading request for funds to help fight the killing of wolves.

The intro letter starts out "Dear Human, as if it were a wolf talking directly to me. Sounds like a tree hugger with too much education and too little practical sense, a real grip on inter-personal communication as it relates to reality.

A line from the next page; "Since then, public wolf hunts have ensued in Idaho and Montana...killing COUNTLESS wolves. But the tragedy does not end there". Does Montana and Idaho not issue permits for wolf hunting? How then can they claim "countless" wolves are killed?

They gave me some wolfy little stickers for the flaps on envelopes, but no return address labels with wolfy scenes, cheap devils that they are. At least RMEF gives me return labels with elky scenes.

I got the same solicitation. As I was driving home from the post office, I was stopped at a light, and saw an envelope with what looked like a picture of Critter's wolf and the words "invitation enclosed". Great - is Fin inviting me on a hunt! When I got home I saw it was from the Sierra Club - thats OK - didn't John Muir hang out with Theodore Roosevelt - maybe they have a TV show too.

Imagine my disappointment when I found it was a PETITION, not an INVITATION. Plus they were talking about countless wolves being slaughtered! Countless? Come clean, Fin - were some of those coyotes a little, uh, bigger than normal?

Anyway, I was extremely bummed out. They even wanted me to send them money. John Muir would be sorely disappointed.

Send them a check, postdated for the 'Tuesday after Never' and see if they get the message. You can also put 'Pack Sand' in the memo line to reinforce your statement.

i think the words poundsalt fits best,the sierra club is tree hugger heaven,i believe they all should be tied to a tree and then let the wolves inn question pee on them to mark there spot.
they rank right up there with the flat bread people,peta.:eek:

My wife used to be on their list, till I took time to read what they were sending her and wrote them a letter in response to the rediculous statements they were making (also on the wolf issue).

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whipple
Back