Sierra Club looking to ban Trapping nation wide!

shoots-straight

Hello all,

The Sierra Club is seeking input on developing a new policy towards trapping. I'm leaving you a web site to enter, once your in there, go to the "Seeking comments of new trapping policy" link. click on it. The go to the sign in and type.:

Username: clubhouse
Password: explore
Don't worry, members and non-members are free to use the username and password.

http://www.clubhouse.sierraclub.org/

That will get you in the comment section, and leave a nice well thought out message supporting trapping.

This is something positive all of us can do.

Don't regret not acting.

With his common sense articles on SWF and wolves in MT, has anyone tried to bend Ben Long's ear about this? He's writes a column for the group.

My Sierra Club Response

With the growth of our human population, it is increasingly important to have well thought out management policies developed by professionals trained in wildlife science. Trapping may not be acceptable in New York City, but in the western states it is a necessity to control some species. Properly baited and placed traps target specific animal species. Here in Arizona where I live, we have a huge over population of coyotes. This time of the year the mule deer and antelope are dropping their fawns and the coyotes absolutely decimate the poor defenseless young. I can hear the screams of dieing mule deer fawns coming through my bedroom window every night. They sound like human babies screaming and they do not die quickly. The coyotes usually bite through a hamstring muscle to keep the fawn from struggling free then rip open their soft stomachs and eat their entrails while the fawn is still alive. Its a horrible way to die and extremely unpleasant to witness. We need to have trapping as an option to control the coyotes out here. Once the fawning seasons end, the coyotes are strong and plentiful. They usually switch over to household pets where available and then to rabbits. Once the larger prey animals are completely wiped out, many of the coyotes starve. I've had them come around my chicken coop too weak to dig under. Its pathetic. Each year over 80,000 coyotes are killed in Arizona and the population still continues to grow. We can't possibly kill enough coyotes with firearms as the only tool.

I know many members live in cities and only think of the trapped animals but it is a much bigger issue. If everyone could experience a fawning season in my hometown, they might appreciate a different perspective. Let's leave wildlife management to the trained professionals and the local citizens that must live with the consequences.

Shoots, I'm not the brightest tool in the shed. I tried to follow your link but didn't see where there was a relevant place to comment. Am I not looking in the right place?

Shoots, I'm not the brightest tool in the shed. I tried to follow your link but didn't see where there was a relevant place to comment. Am I not looking in the right place?

Follow my link, click on comment section like I described, then then next page click on:

Then the next page opens and under this,

Comments: Wildlife Trapping Policy

click on

ADD A COMMENT

I think all you have to do is really click on ADD A Comment here.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whipple
Back