Yeti GOBOX Collection

Shank it? or Crank it? Only the Billy knows

EYJONAS!

With the draws winding down for the upcoming season. The first days of summer coming upon us. I'm gonna kick it off with my journey that lies ahead over the next few months. I've been granted the great fortune and opportunity to hunt one of the most badass, unique and unparalleled species in North America or maybe even the world. Oreammos Americanus, or "The Mountain Goat." To make it even more special, this hunt and adventure is going to take place in a Range that I've grown up hunting in ever since I was a young boy, it's a range I now create so many memories with my own young family. Hiking, camping, fishing, and of course hunting. The great Beartooth Range.

Now, I am well aware that goat threads and hunt talk rarely jive well. Most post 2 or 3 updates and ghost us or you're shankin your tent on the first trip in etc. etc. However, there have been some great ones though as well.

I plan to share the full experience and preparation that I've done to try and be ready for the task ahead. The highs, the lows, the physical and mental preparation. My hopes are is that maybe some can take a few things away from it and maybe use on their future adventure. Some good, some bad. I ask the community if they'd like to share some of their experiences that could be helpful to chime in as well. I'm no expert in this, matter of fact, I'm far from it. Alpine hunting is unreal at times, it's extreme, dangerous and daunting. In the end though when this life long dream of mine comes full circle I hope to look back on it and say... that's exactly what I wanted in my goat quest. So buckle up boys and girls, this story could really suck or out could turn out pretty sweet. Hence the name of the title. There are 3 references.....

Are you gonna shank it?

Or are you gonna crank it?

Only the billy knows, where the billy goes.

It's up to us to find him. To be continued........

30753334767050(1).jpeg

Last edited:
If you two knot heads need a hand with anything let me know. Even if it’s just a shuttle

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vpihlman
Back