Seekins PH2 or Element Stock WTB

CoHunter1991

Two Questions for everyone, does anyone know where I can buy a Seekins stock? I love the ergonomics and stiffness of them but cannot find them anywhere to buy and seekins does not sell them individually. Second, the Seekins PH2/ element is a Rem 700 clone correct? So the stock should fit most 700 clone actions? I am looking to buy and put my Christensen Mesa in one. Thanks for all the help and advice.

I like the seekins stock shape better than the micky GW. Doesn't have as much drop at heel, has a flat comb vs positive sloping, has a higher comb, and has a better (closer to trigger) grip IMO.

I'd think there should be some out there on the market because dudes buy stuff for dumb reasons. Seekins isn't carbon fiber and has a kind of an ugly texturing matrix so some people spend more for a functionally worse stock so they can have the cool carbon fibers or a chassis like their bros on the gram..

What cartridge are you looking at? I think the standard short action ones have basic AICS bottom metal but I'm not sure the 6.5 PRC or Long action Magnums bottom metal would be compatible with the mesa because those carbon mags are little different.

Last edited:
Pat, does Stockys make one for the Mesa?
I recently bought a Stockies VG2 for my 6.5-300 and I wasn't blown away. Plus I installed it, put the gun in my safe for three months and when I took it out a few weeks ago to shoot I noticed a cm chip out of the stock...must have missed it when it arrived. Chapped me. I really like the seekins durability.

I recently bought a Stockies VG2 for my 6.5-300 and I wasn't blown away. Plus I installed it, put the gun in my safe for three months and when I took it out a few weeks ago to shoot I noticed a cm chip out of the stock...must have missed it when it arrived. Chapped me. I really like the seekins durability.
I like the stocky so far..it's my first vertical grip
Carbon Fiber VG/700 WSM

That does look nice. I should have called them and seen what they could do. I choose to just get salty ha. How's their customer service? I may try and reach out.

I've always been a fan of the seekins ergos. If looking at stockys, i think a guy would be hard pressed to find a better ergos than the rokstok but I don't think there are even any of the m700 inlets out in the wild yet so that might be a wait and see option. I really like the one i have on a tikka and will likely buy another once they are doing a little better on the production side.

Never had a vg2, the grip to trigger distance is too damn long for me to want to try on a tikka but it seems that it's closer on the 700 pattern. They look pretty solid.

Last edited:
That does look nice. I should have called them and seen what they could do. I choose to just get salty ha. How's their customer service? I may try and reach out.
Customer service was ok, at best. I did call with a few questions about inletting. The gal I spoke with assured me it'd be a drop in...and it 'almost' was. My smith made it work.

Back