Caribou Gear Tarp

Saveafox -Black bear "education"

Moserkr

"These are wild black bears that are not habituated" as she feeds it from her hand. O/U on when she gets timothy'd?? She makes an interesting point with some really flawed logic.

Black bears are more inclined to kill and eat you than grizzlies. Grizzlies just want to mess you up til you're not a threat usually, black bear if they attack are going for the kill, or at least to incapacitate you enough they can begin the feast.

Don't see this ending well.

It was a cool video to watch and I know someone that does hand feed the wild bears that come into their bird feeder.

I really do believe that they are very misunderstood and misrepresented species in our society. Having hunted them now on a few occasions and in different habitats and styles myself, I have greatly learned so much more about black bears and their habits and I could not appreciate a animal possibly more. They are truly one critter that I just absolutely love to watch and observe. Seeing what they do to forge for food and the way they use their nose is just incredible.

Black bears are more inclined to kill and eat you than grizzlies. Grizzlies just want to mess you up til you're not a threat usually, black bear if they attack are going for the kill, or at least to incapacitate you enough they can begin the feast.

Don't see this ending well.
They are a lot less dangerous than griz. On the rare occasions when one actually attacks--usually in very wild situations--not near human habitation--their intent is much more likely to be to kill you for food. Play dead with Griz, fight like h#ll if a black bear attacks you--is the usual advice.

This particular operation has been in operation for years. Contrary to what they often say and I would guess this video says, there ARE real problems created by their habituation and feeding of bears. I'm guessing the video didn't talk about the occasional incidents they have had with people getting hurt there. They have wanted to eliminate hunting around the operation as well.

Like to say a lot more but can't right now.

The locals have a love/hate relationship with them.

They are a lot less dangerous than griz. On the rare occasions when one actually attacks--usually in very wild situations--not near human habitation--their intent is much more likely to be to kill you for food.

That’s…what I said?

The comments of the video were mostly against her views from what I read, but plenty of people calling bears people and to end hunting/eating of all animals. The majority stated "a fed bear is a dead bear".

Something I never saw before was a good one:

Black fight back - it will eat you alive
Brown lay down - maul you then leave
White goodnight!! - if it aint dead...

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rut
Back