Sitka Gear Optifade Cover

Savage 110 Trail Hunter

It's a Savage 110.
Beyond that the name only describes some of the add ons to it.
Go forth and shoot small groups!

I gotta ask...

You buy it, THEN ask for feedback on it?
Kinda cart, horse, isn't it?

I’m shooting a cheap savage hog hunter 308 over a chrono right now, letting the barrel cool. I did this with it yesterday at 200yd, but not sure that I’ll ever quite duplicate that. I also shot several other sub-moa groups with it yesterday at 100 using various factory or loads developed for another rifle, but am just starting load development on it now. I don’t think that I’ll have to try too hard by the looks of it.

Attachments

• IMG_3744.jpeg
    IMG_3744.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3
It's a Savage 110.
Beyond that the name only describes some of the add ons to it.
Go forth and shoot small groups!

I gotta ask...

You buy it, THEN ask for feedback on it?
Kinda cart, horse, isn't it?
I bought an axis compact in 7-08 and the dang thing is accurate enough that it temps a man to leave the cannons at home. It was used. I bought a Savage 116 in 338WM and it is a tac driver as well. So, getting a little heavier barreled action vs trying my luck with another used gun didn't seem like too much of a gamble. I had it at the range today breaking it in. It kicks for sure but not terrible. I'll do some load development with different bullets and powder and find something it likes. Albeit 3-8 round groups, not 20-40. And I have not seen much info for feedback on it so why not find out what others think. Never a bad deal to own another gun.

Ok, the pillar bedded Hougue had to go because I got a pretty good deal on a full aluminum bedded block Hogue. Only shot around 50 shots or so breaking it in. This morning, I took it to the range early to avoid the wind. Took 4 groups of three in a ladder format and all four groups were under an 1" @ 100yds. Two of the groups were closer to 1/2" so I'm pleased with it. Loaded ten more up to see the consistency at 200.

Ok, the pillar bedded Hougue had to go because I got a pretty good deal on a full aluminum bedded block Hogue. Only shot around 50 shots or so breaking it in. This morning, I took it to the range early to avoid the wind. Took 4 groups of three in a ladder format and all four groups were under an 1" @ 100yds. Two of the groups were closer to 1/2" so I'm pleased with it. Loaded ten more up to see the consistency at 200.
Do this after you have settled on a load!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back Tracker
Back