Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Saratoga Wy

One more day. We've survived hunting the worst deadfall on Gods green earth, a hotel room with the thinnest walls ever built,(some couple from Nebraska need Jesus) and drinks at the Rustic. We've seen hundreds of elk, all but a few on private, amazing sunsets, and hard climbs out of nastiness. No tags punched, but that's how it goes. One more morning, unless we make it back down later in the season. Saratoga is a pretty cool place, I'd be lucky to live here.

Side note, the amount of carcasses from the 2022 winter is saddening, but mother nature has her own ways

Last edited:
went to saratoga after putting moose in cooler...left my 2 buddies in the rustic while i went to find a room and visited my cousin...when i got back they were wasted....i asked the bartender what the hell did she give them, she said all beer must be the altitude...i ordered food and we went to eat and i kicked the front step of the cafe dislocating one peroneal tendon on my right ankle...if we had a video of those 2 drunk buddies helping me into the hotel room wed be rich....dislocated the 2nd tendon boning meat at camp...all confirmed by my ortho dr in lubbock...surgery in nov...already happened on the right ankle...no big deal, looking forward to it... any way met 4 yankees at the rustic all seemed like they have assimilated

Back