RIP Pete Rose

Lifelong Reds fans grew up a 3hrs from the stadium...summer tradition was going to games..man the 80s...
Remember it like yesterday the whole house was huddled around the TV when he broke the record...they stopped the game and drove a red corvette on to the field, Pete Rose 4192 flashed on the good year blimp..man the 80s
Weather the let him in the HOF or not is irrelevant to me...hell of a player..RIP

I ate dinner next to him with Joe Morgan at the boathouse awhile back. So many people bothering them I didn't bother talking to them like the rest. The next day, my great uncle had secured us some nice box seats behind home plate at great american and guess who walks in and sits next to Mr, Pete rose! He remembered us from the restaurant and asked why we didn't bother him, told him it was out of respect for his privacy to enjoy a dinner. Stand up dude. We had some good conversations about baseball. The reds won. I'm a die hard brewers fan so hate the reds but that day hands down beats any brew crew game I've attended

Back