RIP Kris Kristofferson

Only one highwayman left. RIP

Man this news hit me hard enough to not have to think about this too. Got my little toddler asleep this afternoon for his nap by singing him Red Headed Stranger.

Kristofferson was a living legend in my eyes and too few people like him in the music industry are left. Rest in Peace indeed. Thankful for the hundreds of hours I’ve spent with his music.

One of my favorites due to the common background in army aviation.
Same for me. His family legacy was steeped in military service, as was expected of him. After amazing collegiate academic success resulting in Kristofferson being a Rhodes scholar, likely building his literary background and wizardry at great lyrics and "forever famous" music, he was commissioned in the US Army, completed helicopter pilot training and was stationed in Germany. His academic excellence propelled him into an assignment to teach at West Point, but his heart took his life for a turn into music ... and the rest is history to which we all love to listen.

RIP, Kris Kristofferson. May you soar like an eagle through the beautiful clouds of heaven and may your music resonate eternally.

He walked out on the stage a few times and surprised the crowd. Did it with Bonnie,Emmy Lou, and Melissa when I was there.
Seeing the Outlaws was a life changer.

"In an interview with Laura Hamilton for the Washington Post in 2014, Kristofferson says “I am sorry if I hurt anybody’s feelings along the way. It wasn’t intentional. I tried to be a good person. I think I did all right.” He says “I am grateful every morning I wake up. I’ve a big family full of kids, who laugh all the time and love each other. I feel very grateful with my life, being as public as it has, that I am able to have this now.” I think of what he said after “Heaven’s Gate” tanked in a legendary way, taking an entire studio down with it in what Kristofferson referred to later as an organized hatchet job. Despite the harm its failure did to his film career, Kristofferson said “sure, it put me out of work for a while, but poor Cimino hasn’t done anything since then.” And I think about how he said that he’d like his gravestone to be engraved with the first few lyrics of Leonard Cohen’s “Bird on the Wire:”

Like a bird on the wire
Like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free"

SITKA Gear Optifade Cover

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SpecialJed
Back