Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Re-become a member of the RMEF

Nameless Range

I have been thinking about re-becoming a member of the RMEF. Two years ago, after a decade of membership I quit and said I'd never return due to their support of the Roadless Area Release Act. Sure, they withdrew their support after membership outcry and review of the science, but it sure felt like a thief admitting to the crime after being caught red-handed.

Despite that, I have believed all along that on the whole, RMEF provides a net-gain in value regarding hunter opportunity and habitat conservation. They have a lot of power when they flex their muscles, the double edged sword being they have a recent history of supporting legislation in direct contradiction to the hunting experiences I value most.

I like their magazine, and still have their plates on my rig.

I know that no organization will align with any individual's priorities perfectly. But two years later I am still pretty bitter about it. I'm not looking for anybody to pitch for them, I know what they do. I would like to know if anyone out there thinks there is still potential for them to go all SFW on us again.

Last edited:
Phrase: to go all SFW

Definition: to behave Bat$#!+ Crazy

Used in a sentence:

The RMEF went all SFW when they supported H.R 1581-The Wilderness and Roadless Area Release Act.

Used in a sentence:

The RMEF went all SFW when they supported H.R 1581-The Wilderness and Roadless Area Release Act.

I usually give People and Org's that say and do stupid crap from time to time a little leeway(I've been guilty myself),especially if they try to correct their errors.
Those who have a track record of continually coming down on the wrong side of issues and never admit or correct their errors don't receive the same from me.

Calling SFW Bat$#!+ Crazy lets them off the hook. Crazy like a Fox that operation is.

Just signed up for a RMEF dinner on my Birthday. Happy Birthday to me...

Used in a sentence:

:DThis is why I enjoy hunt talk.:D

I think you have already answered your own question. you realize no org matches up perfectly and believe RMEF does a pretty good overall job. Life is too short to hold grudges. Enjoy all they do!

I am a happy member of RMEF and will be attending the local banquet on Saturday.

RMEF... I think it says volumes when push came to shove they listened to their "constituents". :) Besides, RMEF collectively joined together to deliver an awesome basket of "stuff" while I took a long vacation in the rehab medical bed. They were there for me... I'm certainly there for them. Thanks guys! That meant a ton to me and my wife!

Been a proud member for several years. Wish I could say it's been 15+, though several is a start. Besides, w/ the Fin himself on board the RMEF train... nothing but good mojo there! :)

Speaking of Randy, I was at the RMEF location Saturday w/ my wife trying to figure what the issue was re: our auto renewal and a letter seeking renewal when that super star celebrity walked into the open. AND pulling my Opey, leave it to beaver, star struck excitement, I finally met the man himself. :) Cheers Randy! You give the Dept of Interior all the "public land" chatter her ears can handle and a dose more for good measure! :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jg722
Back