PEAX Equipment

Quest for a Sask moose

Alright started the morning off in the same area I scouted last night. Started by cruising the roads looking for a moose out feeding late. Within five minutes there is a spike or a small 2 year old a couple hundred yards off the road. Anyways we continue on and do a loop. We take a side road off our loop and see a bull standing about 100 yards off where we have permission. He’s a nice bull probably 43” or so and let out a few come calls and he stares and eventually a cow and calf run out of the creek and take him with them. Darn we will come back and see if we can relocate them. Anyways continue our drive getting back to our starting point with plans to start glassing the beaver ponds now that it’s more daylight. We just saw the spike that I posted the picture above when not a 1/4 further down the road we see this guy standing along a bluff. She gets out gets in the field good rests bam he lurches Forward favouring his one shoulder and steam cone out the off side. He’s staggering around and just about to go down and she shoots again. Not sure if that one hit or not. And he’s down. We get reloaded and he starts trying to get back up so she shoots again and her season was done less then a hour in. After the shooting ended a cow came out of the bluff he was next to. I’m assuming that’s why he was so tough as he didn’t want to lose his lady friend. He has some pretty cool front on the one side it’s like an elk fronts

IMG_2742.jpegIMG_2732.jpegIMG_2730.jpegIMG_2745.jpeg

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rwink3
Back