Yeti GOBOX Collection

Processors MT / Other State COVID-19/Trichinosis.

Sytes

A few questions:
Montana Spring Bear season begins April 15th. I'm sure a few other states are close to the same.
We've experienced ample spring like features much earlier this year and I imagine the hunt will be on opening day...

With that, I planned to quickly get it to a processor however, this year, as a "high risk" potential... Meaning if I get it, I join the chit list w/o known vaccinations available, yet.

If processors are open, how do you feel about using their service during COVID-19?

If self processing; what do I need to know about trichinosis and processing prep, etc for bear? Never done my own processing for bear.

Thanks.

I would feel 100% comfortable using a processor.

If you decide to do it yourself just clean everything after you’re done throughly.

I would feel 100% uncomfortable using a processor.
I, for one, worked with tric for years.
The first sentence is to illustrate the subjectivity of the answers to these types of questions on the social media deal.
The second sentence is to illustrate the fact that there are specific subject matter folks and specific subject matter info available out there.
Given the set of variables that apply today, to these questions, I for one would shy away from social media opinions to make my decision(s) about this particular stuff.
Plenty of factual links available about t. spiralis info.............

:)

I would feel 100% comfortable using a processor.
I agree. Your dropping it off and picking it up when finished. Your not going to be hanging out in the butcher shop or being in very close proximity with the person cutting up your game. I don’t think anyone is fretting the steaks at the local market when you go grab a few. I’m speaking purely in relation to covid 19 and not quality of the processing job.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jg722
Back