Advertisement

Prewar Browning Superposed?

ismith

Anyone around here a Superposed fanatic? Just got what looks to be a good one and wondering how good/rare a deal it was. It's a first-year gun with 32 inch full/full barrels and a single trigger.

Attachments

• IMG_3438.png
    IMG_3438.png
    324.9 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Anyone around here a Superposed fanatic? Just got what looks to be a good one and wondering how good/rare a deal it was. It's a first-year gun with 32 inch full/full barrels and a single trigger.

Probably a trap model with those long tubes & tight chokes.

The prewars are legendary for a lot of reasons. Fit & finish for sure but that single select trigger was a marvel of modern engineering at the time.

Fantastic guns and pre-war bring a a lot more value if unmolested.

Probably a trap model with those long tubes & tight chokes.

The prewars are legendary for a lot of reasons. Fit & finish for sure but that single select trigger was a marvel of modern engineering at the time.

Fantastic guns and pre-war bring a a lot more value if unmolested.
Yeah, I figure I got it for what I did thanks to the Pachmayr butt pad and the upgraded trigger. I really ought to get it lettered, but more than anything I'm looking forward to breaking some clays with it next spring.

Yeah, I figure I got it for what I did thanks to the Pachmayr butt pad and the upgraded trigger. I really ought to get it lettered, but more than anything I'm looking forward to breaking some clays with it next spring.

If it's not a collector grade gun then your options for improvement into a field gun exist.

Lengthening the chamber to 3" along with lengthening the forcing comes, and shoot bismuth/tungsten shot - no steel. The action can certainly handle the pressure.

The pre-wars only had double triggers for the first few. The single select was added early in the line, after JMB passed & his son finished the design.

If the only alteration is the pad though, you could restore it to its original condition. These are getting harder to find in solid condition.

Picked it up from the FFL yesterday, missed a rooster with it this morning. Nice handling gun, should work pretty well for trap.

Attachments

• IMG_3485.png
    IMG_3485.png
    5 MB · Views: 6
Back