PEAX Equipment

Power bank

peterk1234

I'm looking for a new power bank. My Amazon special has not been reliable. What would you folks recommend for sticking into a backpack? Thx Pete

I got this one recently. Holds several phone charges, charges my device fast, but recharges itself slowly. Haven't tried it with a charger other than my phone charger though. Probably would do better with a higher power charger.

Anker Power Bank Battery Pack, 20,000mAh 22.5W High Speed Charging Portable Charger with Built-in USB C Cable, 1 USB-C, 1 USB-A, for iPhone 15/15 Plus/15 Pro/15 Pro Max, MacBook, Galaxy https://a.co/d/hxE11Vj

*Edited as I had the wrong device

Last edited:
Here is what I have currently
They are all about 10000 mAh

Anker
Goal Zero
Poseidon Dark Energy

They were all bought at the same time in 2019 before I left for a 10 day hunt in alaska.

The Goal Zero stopped charging about a year ago, and before that would hold about half charge.

The Anker and DE both will take a charge to 75% at this point after lots of chargers.

I wouldn’t afraid to buy either brand again. In fact I just ordered a new DE bank and their solar panel that just came out.

I have two Anker in 5000 & 10000 mah that have been fine. We use them routinely for traveling

I got a dark energy last year for Christmas but it hasn’t seen much field time yet. It does feel like you could probably drive tent stakes with it if you needed to

Another Anker guy here I have a older model and newer one they're great. Easily get 4 charges on my phone from completely dead from each.

This has been a constant companion for outdoor stuff & work stuff. Cheap & works well enough I ordered a new one after leaving the last behind on a work trip.

Charmast USB C Power Bank, 26800mAh Portable Charger 15W Fast Charging, Slim Battery Pack 3 Inputs 4 Outputs Compatible with iPhone 15/15 Plus/15 Pro/15 Pro Max, iPhone14/13/12 Series,iPad,Samsung etc https://a.co/d/ghcNDR5

I have ankers in multiple sizes. Some I’ve had four 5-6 years now. The older ones are still used regularly without issue. I use the newer ones in the field though.

I have ankers in multiple sizes. Some I’ve had four 5-6 years now. The older ones are still used regularly without issue. I use the newer ones in the field though.
They all work with any phone and GPS unit, correct? I am asking because the anker site lists specific phones. Not sure why.

I use a little Energizer 5000 slim something or the other in the backcountry. Usually gives me 3 or 4 full charges of an iPhone SE and my InReach. Same size as the phone and weighs as much if not less. They’re like $20 - $25.

They all work with any phone and GPS unit, correct? I am asking because the anker site lists specific phones. Not sure why.
Some of them will power an iPhone if you set the phone on it without chords. I just bring 12” chords for the fridge my devices I have. Pro tip, bring more than one for the important stuff if your not coming back to the truck for a while

I'm probably the oddball here but have been using a cordless screwgun battery and an adapter to charge phone and headlamps . A bit bulky and maybe a few ounces heavier but cheap if you already have the battery anyway. One 5.0 lasts me a week pretty easily.

I'm probably the oddball here but have been using a cordless screwgun battery and an adapter to charge phone and headlamps . A bit bulky and maybe a few ounces heavier but cheap if you already have the battery anyway. One 5.0 lasts me a week pretty easily.
I used this in the truck last year and it was great. Saved the Anker batteries for the field. Seemed lighter and less bulky. I’ll have to compare charge time though

Wait, what!?
What’s this adapter thing about? I had no idea. I need to find out about this.

I have an Anker, an ONN and I think a fos power? From Amazon. Plus a lantern/USB charger from Amazon. They all seem to work well for our needs. We have had the Anker for a while

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozarkhuntress
Back