Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

PLWA Bozeman Mtg.

onpoint

Public Land and Water Access Association had it's annual membership mtg. in Bozeman today. These guys fight like mad to ensure that we hunters (and all others as well - once again hunters take the lead for everyone, as most members are hunters) retain legal access to our streams and public roads and lands. This access is under constant attack by many of the same entities who introduced bills this last MT legislative which threatened sportsmen on many fronts. PLWA utilizes public participation and our legal system to do this. It is a good outfit.

A big part of todays discussion centered on the growing movement afoot (by many MT sportsmens and sportsmens groups) to rally the troops, join forces, and network to become a more powerful voice - to go on offense and push a MT sportsmens agenda on our political system.

It is a good time to be an involved MT sportsmen today....we have momentum.

I am on the backside of 48 years old. I was a youngster at todays meeting. This great bunch of extremely intelligent and dedicated bulldogs is largely a bunch of old farts. The average age of todays meeting participants was about 65 years old. They came to Bozeman from all over the state.

That is pathetic. If nothing else, the hunters/anglers in their 20-40's should show up to at least thank these guys.

These guys have had their time in the field and it is largely behind most of them now. They fight to insure todays "outdoorsmen" ability to enjoy what they did (and still do to the extent they can). The same generations that fought sportsmens battles 40-50 years ago are still doing it now....hell, one guy there was wearing a Korean combat vet hat - in his eighties and still battling.

The younger generation needs to get off the sidelines and take part in this effort, some are but more are needed.

If for no other reason, at least pass it onto todays kids - it was passed onto you.

When the graybeards are gone, if no one else steps up - there will be no OYOA.

I do not care if people are tired of this message....I will defer to a quote from Winston Churchill.............."Most people sometimes in their life, stumble across the truth. Most jump up hurriedly and go about their business as if nothing happened".

The reward is/are worth the effort.

Public Land and Water Access Association had it's annual membership mtg. in Bozeman today. These guys fight like mad to ensure that we hunters (and all others as well - once again hunters take the lead for everyone, as most members are hunters) retain legal access to our streams and public roads and lands. This access is under constant attack by many of the same entities who introduced bills this last MT legislative which threatened sportsmen on many fronts. PLWA utilizes public participation and our legal system to do this. It is a good outfit.

A big part of todays discussion centered on the growing movement afoot (by many MT sportsmens and sportsmens groups) to rally the troops, join forces, and network to become a more powerful voice - to go on offense and push a MT sportsmens agenda on our political system.

It is a good time to be an involved MT sportsmen today....we have momentum.

I am on the backside of 48 years old. I was a youngster at todays meeting. This great bunch of extremely intelligent and dedicated bulldogs is largely a bunch of old farts. The average age of todays meeting participants was about 65 years old. They came to Bozeman from all over the state.

That is pathetic. If nothing else, the hunters/anglers in their 20-40's should show up to at least thank these guys.

These guys have had their time in the field and it is largely behind most of them now. They fight to insure todays "outdoorsmen" ability to enjoy what they did (and still do to the extent they can). The same generations that fought sportsmens battles 40-50 years ago are still doing it now....hell, one guy there was wearing a Korean combat vet hat - in his eighties and still battling.

The younger generation needs to get off the sidelines and take part in this effort, some are but more are needed.

If for no other reason, at least pass it onto todays kids - it was passed onto you.

When the graybeards are gone, if no one else steps up - there will be no OYOA.

I do not care if people are tired of this message....I will defer to a quote from Winston Churchill.............."Most people sometimes in their life, stumble across the truth. Most jump up hurriedly and go about their business as if nothing happened".

The reward is/are worth the effort.

Thanks for the post. I'm a good friend of one old grey head from Billings that's busy in that group. He might have been there. Great group for sure.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AKILL
Back