Pheasants being stocked on public land

I remember when CA stocked pheasants and you could go hunt them just about anywhere you could find quail,ducks etc. Love pheasant,quail,chuckars & turkey's
Then came roundup & the enviro-wackos. You can't find a stick in a ditch let alone a quail or bunny anymore.
Pheasants & rainbow trout became non & native invasive spieces and I do not even know if they stock trout anymore....lol
I do know you could always run into other hunters & wanna be's and it could get frustrating when lead was flying.
I quit hunting those refuges and spots like that with steel flying now.Got clipped by pellets & too many right over my head. No more duck hunting or quail,pheasants,turkeys pigs or deer there for me.
There are just more hunters & others using the same spots. And the spots are not what they once were.
Hell, I have not even bothered going for turkeys & quail in NM,there just aren't hardly any like places I used to hunt.
And duck shooting just does not get me excited anymore.
But if I could find some pheasants here like the grouse & ptarmagin I have found.....

Back