****OFFICIAL****2024 SPRING BEAR THREAD

Perfect night to hunt. Wind is doing like the weatherman said and swinging to the east which is where it’s been all evening now. Get to my parking spot and unload my quad and hear an odd click. Look and quickly see a branch has stuck in the CV boot shredding it. so I re load the quad and go home. Im
Pissed. He finally comes back gets with a sow that’s in almost every day. I finally have the wind I need just after they pair up and a big rain storm is coming in overnight so I know they would most likely hit the bait tonight and I can’t hunt cause of some bad luck with a stick sneaking in. I’m waiting for 10 tonight when I get cell cam pictures to see he was in all evening

If you are ready to give up just go in with scent loc and ozone machine and hunt. I know scent loc works to bad those hunters in Minnesota who can't hunt ruined things with lawsuit. I don't know how a bear would react to ozone machine. Really hoping you get one.

If you are ready to give up just go in with scent loc and ozone machine and hunt. I know scent loc works to bad those hunters in Minnesota who can't hunt ruined things with lawsuit. I don't know how a bear would react to ozone machine. Really hoping you get one.
I have came close many times to pulling the trigger on an ozonics. Just a little leafy of buying a $500 gimmick. But if it worked it would be great to help with the swirling winds

Surprise no bears in last night. The one ATV shop I called can’t get me in until July 8. Debating trying to fix it myself or getting it done professionally

Did it just ruin the boot? Doubtful a trip or two would ruin the joint unless its some crazy hard core ride to get in there. Just saying in case the seasons winding down out there..........

I have came close many times to pulling the trigger on an ozonics. Just a little leafy of buying a $500 gimmick. But if it worked it would be great to help with the swirling winds
Invite me up (not a mass murder) I will bring 2 to try. They definitely work on deer just like scent loc does. I would give up my fishing vacation june 20-24 just to see one of your bears in person. Keep at it.

Just the sow around again her BF is no where to be seen. On the plus side my fiancée drew a moose tag out our back door. It will be nice to be chasing moose on the farmland in prime calling time. Season runs October 1-14 and November 1-14. We better grind a bunch of meat and make some sausage and burger to make some room in the freezer for 500-600 pounds of moose meat

IMG_2305.jpeg

well im back from my oregon spring bear in mt emily unit{hardest spring bear tag to draw in oregon},,ate my tag,,hunted 22 days,seen 9 bears total,,could have shot at a few of them but small or held off,,maybe next time..dont think its worth waiting 8 years,{7 points} to draw tough,,had a good time but i think mt emily oregon is a bit overhyped for what i saw.

Had another great spring hunt in AK. I'm pretty blessed to have a high school buddy and his wife that treat me like family and a brother-in-law (AK resident) that is always willing to jump in and go along on about any hunt I come up with.
2024 AK  Spring Griz (1).jpg

Last edited:
Back