New member, new to hunting, and new to Minnesota

smooth.tea2824

I'm about a year into Minnesota, a week into having my hunting license after completing HunterCourse, and (after this) a post into my membership here. I'm coming to hunting as an adult, having dreamed about learning my whole life but without any family history of either conservation or hunting. I've enjoyed backcountry public land camping and feel like now is the right time to finally make the plunge. I've joined BHA as a start, hoping to make some connections at events and maybe find some people willing to at the very least allow me to tag along in exchange for helping them pack out. My plans for hunting right now are to go out for squirrel and snowshoe hare in the Fall - just got a CZ 457 for the job. I'm eyeing Sandhill Crane and deer for the near future and hopefully, after I have more experience and have met the right mentors, ultimately get experience by tagging along for Elk and/or Caribou.

Best

I'm about a year into Minnesota, a week into having my hunting license after completing HunterCourse, and (after this) a post into my membership here. I'm coming to hunting as an adult, having dreamed about learning my whole life but without any family history of either conservation or hunting. I've enjoyed backcountry public land camping and feel like now is the right time to finally make the plunge. I've joined BHA as a start, hoping to make some connections at events and maybe find some people willing to at the very least allow me to tag along in exchange for helping them pack out. My plans for hunting right now are to go out for squirrel and snowshoe hare in the Fall - just got a CZ 457 for the job. I'm eyeing Sandhill Crane and deer for the near future and hopefully, after I have more experience and have met the right mentors, ultimately get experience by tagging along for Elk and/or Caribou.

Best
Welcome always glad to see a new comer in the hunting world

Go Vikings!

A new hunter, eh.

You’re welcome to join me for me in IA for squirrel and cottontail, or tag along for Dec shotgun deer. But…you better really like walking.

Welcome! BHA is a great group and that CZ is nice too! Pretty capable of helping newbies out, been doing that for years, drop me a pm if you have any questions.

We have some nice resources for new hunters, check them out....https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/gohunting/index.html

Welcome! BHA is a great group and that CZ is nice too! Pretty capable of helping newbies out, been doing that for years, drop me a pm if you have any questions.

We have some nice resources for new hunters, check them out....https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/gohunting/index.html
Thanks! I'm making my way through the DNR "Learn to hunt deer" series from back in 2020 now.

Welcome & SKOL.

Different strokes for different folks, but for me the best hunting in MN is grouse in the north central/north eastern part of the state, and pheasants in the southwest. Heavy woods stand hunting for deer or black bear, just not my thing - but a big deal for many. Good luck.

Thanks! I'm making my way through the DNR "Learn to hunt deer" series from back in 2020 now.
They just posted some new upcoming seminars...a dive into how the state manages deer, exploring WMAs, Moose management, deer hunting advice, others on pheasant hunting, bobcats, birding and more

They just posted some new upcoming seminars...a dive into how the state manages deer, exploring WMAs, Moose management, deer hunting advice, others on pheasant hunting, bobcats, birding and more
Yes, I just signed up for a few of them. I'm really looking forward to the Moose lecture.

Welcome to HT. Best with your entry into hunting. Montana and Minnesota hold a slew of quality F&G biologists. They (most) enjoy sharing their thoughts with people new to the area or new to hunting.

Look forward to your future hunts and pics.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishonfleek
Back